What are you buying today?

LowIQinvestor

Yes, several brokers allow this in an IRA, but the puts are required to be “cash covered” or whatever you call it - so not really “naked” like a naked call sale would be. In reality it is basically identical to a limit buy order on the underlying- not too exotic for a retirement account

My IRA is with Schwab and they allow writing cash-covered puts. It is exactly the same as writing a covered call.

I write cash covered puts in both my IRA and 401K with Fidelity.

Little bit of CWH. Purely a bounce trade. The business can be fixed and there is definitely enough hedgefund bagholders in this that I would not at all be surprised to see someone file a 13D on Lemonis; if nothing else, but for the free publicity.

Wrote BAC 30-strike May 10 expiration puts for $0.26 per share and May 17 expiration puts for $0.41 per share.

I got put to on my May 10 BAC puts. I already have a LTBH position in BAC, my third largest holding. So this put sale was strictly a trade. At the close on Friday I sold May 24 expiration 30 strike calls for $0.33 per share on these shares I was put to.

More CLF, CRSP, EDIT, AAL, started MPC, bid in for CTO

I can't figure out how to make money with CRSP and EDIT but found the following useful as it covers (the basics) the playing field.

https://www.cbinsights.com/research/what-is-crispr/

Thanks. Its tough, and really nobody knows for certain with anything in these fields, but its also something very unique and for me at least, a worthwhile speculative allocation. There are winner take all elements to this and of the three public options, I've only really been able to determine a couple things for sure. CRSP will be first to market, EDIT has the strongest and most diverse patent portfolio and will be second to market, and NTLA is basically behind everyone in both cases.

MPC is quite interesting from a value POV. Their cash flows that can be used for buybacks or dividends  exceed their earnings due to the cash stream from the MLPs.

Twas the toast of the town, best of breed, sector champion maybe a year ago...now its poo poo. I don't see much that has changed to warrant such sentiment shift.

MPC is quite interesting from a value POV. Their cash flows that can be used for buybacks or dividends  exceed their earnings due to the cash stream from the MLPs.

Twas the toast of the town, best of breed, sector champion maybe a year ago...now its poo poo. I don't see much that has changed to warrant such sentiment shift.

Me neither. Bought a starter today and will see how it goes. I have owned it way back in the past at the spinoff before the shale oil boom became a buzzword and sold it too early then. Thanks for posting.

I also bought some MSM. Arguably not super cheap, but I like the company and the management and I think it’s a good business.

JUN 2020 TSLA PUTS 10$ for 0.25$ and 50$ for 2.37$. I think the bankruptcy risk for Tesla is massivly underpriced in these options. But maybe i am just to stupid to understand this.

That seems quite "ballsy." How large of position did you take if I might ask?

JUN 2020 TSLA PUTS 10$ for 0.25$ and 50$ for 2.37$. I think the bankruptcy risk for Tesla is massivly underpriced in these options. But maybe i am just to stupid to understand this.

0.5%  :o

But i am also short TSLA call spreads and long a 200$ put since some months, so my whole TSLA short exposure is larger. I think my max loss from the current point is somewhere around ~10%, my max gain ~25%.

Atlantic Power (AT) at $2.50 per share or lower ($2.30's currently).  $3 per share easy; $4-$5 in two to three years.

AT is an electricity producer.  Owns power plants and sells the electricity it generates.  (Natural gas, hydo, solar, coal)

Story is FCF all being used for debt pay down.  CEO and management team excellent (read the shareholder letter).  FCF's out to 2022 per power purchase agreements = excellent FCF yield to Enterprise Value. 

Upside: FCF estimates do not include any recovery in wholesale power prices (currently depressed).

Guest cherzeca

0.5%  :o

But i am also short TSLA call spreads and long a 200$ put since some months, so my whole TSLA short exposure is larger. I think my max loss from the current point is somewhere around ~10%, my max gain ~25%.

problem is that even with bankruptcy common will be priced beyond value. if it happens pounce before the bounce