What are you buying today?

LowIQinvestor

Nothing.

---

I'm fully invested, minus a cash pile which is, and will remain, CASH to cover me until May 2021 +/- which will be a year after graduating PSC's music program.

I'll decide then whether to continue towards the BA but as it stands, I think I'll be ready to earn again.

As to the portfolio, I'm pretty happy with everything I own & am prepared to wait.

[Actually, I do have a tiny bit of cash ($8K) that's not earmarked for school & will prob get wasted on something stoopid like more MO LEAP's.]

Basically, I don't feel the need to DO anything with regards to what I own...

Trimmed AXP, bought MU and added to PM this week.

Thanks

Lance

I think of buying PM (and maybe MO and BAT) too. What i dont like, is the payout Ratio, which getting Close to 100%. Whats your opinion on that and what do you like about PM?  If you like, u can PM me.

Thanks

Lance

I think of buying PM (and maybe MO and BAT) too. What i dont like, is the payout Ratio, which getting Close to 100%. Whats your opinion on that and what do you like about PM?  If you like, u can PM me.

I saw a lot of people in here buying MO in the last time. Maybe someone of the buyers is willing to give me an insight about my concerns regarding the payout Ratio issue highlighted the post before, here or as a PM.

Warmly,

Snorky

I saw a lot of people in here buying MO in the last time. Maybe someone of the buyers is willing to give me an insight about my concerns regarding the payout Ratio issue highlighted the post before, here or as a PM.

Warmly,

Snorky

I own MO,PM,BTI and IMBBY. All of them pay out a huge amount of their earnings because they need so little capital to reinvest into the business. PM has maybe gone a bit far with their latest increase, but as long as the currency crisis doesn`t get worse i think they can get manage that. The next 1 or 2 years will probably see lower dividend increases. PM is a bet on a weaker dollar long term. MO is probably the safest bet right now, at least if JUUL sees more regulation going forward.

Thanks

Lance

Warmly,

Snorky

Hi Snorky - pretty much what frommi said.  In addition, with the uncertainty in the White House I like the sin/staple aspects of MO and PM in the event of a market drop. 

Thanks

Lance

My recents adds were BLX, CUERVO.MX, TI A and FB.

I own all four of these... do we know each other? ;) BLX in particular very interesting here.

I am having high hopes for Cuervo.mx. It could be a strong LT compounder. very Little Tequila is consumed outside the US and Mexico, there are high hurdles, since the Algave plant only grows in a certain region in Mexico to be used for Tequila and the US and Mexico itself are still growth markets as well.

T-MEG

Any return of rationality on WCS differential should lead to large share price appreciation: Crude by rail is ramping up fast (talks of an additional 300,000 bls/d), Line 3 starting up in 2019 with extra 300,000 bls/d of capacity, lots of innovation on shipping bitumen (oil turned into solid/bricks, methods to reduce diluent, etc.) and there has been a large refinery in the Midwest processing a significant volume of Canadian heavy on maintenance restarting in October.

Company has one of, if not best oil sands asset (SAGD) at Christina Lake with very low steam to oil ratio. So it is a low cost producer with still too much leverage but, generating free cash flow to repay its debt and still growing. There is also a large activist which was on the board who recently quit and who could now pressure for a sale of company.

Cardboard

Thanks

Lance

Warmly,

Snorky

MO has been paying out 80% of its EPS as dividends for a number of years, and that process has not changed. With PM, its payout ratio has exceeded 100% recently, but the investment thesis is that, now that the iqos R&D has concluded and its marketing for the product has ramped up, there is hope that the FCF will improve soon to bring the payout ratio in line...Finally, with BTI, the company is engaging in the integration of LO into RAI and RAI into BTI. There should be hundreds of millions of synergies available that will eventually (i.e. next 2-3 years) find its way to the bottom line. This in turn will result in better dividends for the future.

For BTI, the primary concern I have is with its Newport line (from the Lorillard business), and whether it will get caught up in all of the FDA investigations and future regulation of flavoured tobacco products. For PM, the concern is about fledgling growth in many of the countries it resides. For MO, the skies look clearer, and it appears that they are approaching the FDA approval process in a much more pragmatic fashion than BTI, Japan tobacco and other competitors. The FDA will approve a marketing statement for the iQOs product. It's a question of how aggressive that statement will be. We should find out in the 4th quarter this year.

I'm long all three stocks, but am more heavily weighted in MO and BTI.