Thank You Corner of Berkshire & Fairfax Community

Shawn

Apologies but I felt compelled to make this thread.... 5 Days later I'm still wrapping my mind around what happened lol....

I want to thank you all, I had the time of my life, both at Norm's & Sanjeev's dinners. It was incredible, I learned more about value investing in 2 days than I have in a very long time. I got to meet Francis Chou & watch as he educated a crowd on every topic & stock that came his way till midnight. I got to meet Tim McElvaine & I learned some very important facts about the movie business & a company called Rainmaker Entertainment (which has been on my list for some time). I even got the chance to meet Mohnish Pabrai which was cool as hell. I MUST thank Keith & Doug Smith for educating me about community banks & Doug for pointing out some incredibly fascinating things about technology. I wish I could have spoke with Keith more about the community banks I have some very interesting ideas in regards to them. Norm is an awesome dude, great sense of humor & overall just a good person. I wish I could have spoken with Alex Li, I didn't get the chance to hear his ideas.

Overall, Sanjeev man you & Alnesh are a rockstars for putting together the whole ordeal. It was a treat to meet all of you. I'm STILL trying to wrap my mind around everything lol.

I shook hands with and had a conversation with Francis Chou, it felt so surreal - I hate to sound like a groupie but I've only dreamed of such an occurrence but to actually see, meet and speak to the man ? Just surreal...

I want to thank Doug & Keith Smith, Sheni, Jack, Chris Tsai, Tobias, Yuri, Norm, Tim McElvaine, Sanjeev, Alnesh, Trevor, Wilson, Ali, John Pfeffer, and many others (apologies if I spell any of your names wrong :( ).

I chase after bargain stocks & opportunity & love value investing with all my heart & soul. It's my way of life. I look forward to going again next year. But mark my words, there will come a day where it will be my shareholder meetings you guys will come and visit.

Oooooh & one more thing.... the highlight of my night at Sanjeev's dinner ?

http://i.imgur.com/8mLLOUD.jpg

That picture made my year.....

Yep.... incredible, at my very first major social outing I get to snap a picture with Prem Watsa. It is 4:45am EST & I'm STILL having problems sleeping cuz everything was so overwhelming lolol. Thank you guys a million times over.

Regards,

Shawn

Hey Shawn -

Frame that picture and put it up on your mantle.  In a couple years when your ridiculously rich and famous people will say "It's no wonder he's so awesome - He met with Prem at such a young age!"

I'm sure Prem, Frances and all the other stars in the Fairfax galaxy enjoyed meeting you as much as I did.  It's such a pleasure to meet a bright young man with a great future ahead of him.

Good luck in life's adventure and we'll see you again next year,

Best regards,

Jack

Hey Shawn -

Frame that picture and put it up on your mantle.  In a couple years when your ridiculously rich and famous people will say "It's no wonder he's so awesome - He met with Prem at such a young age!"

I'm sure Prem, Frances and all the other stars in the Fairfax galaxy enjoyed meeting you as much as I did.  It's such a pleasure to meet a bright young man with a great future ahead of him.

Good luck in life's adventure and we'll see you again next year,

Best regards,

Jack

Awesome

Thanks, friend !!!