Room Available at The Fairmont Royal York!

Parsad

One of the board members cannot attend the AGM next week, but has a non-refundable room reserved at the Fairmont Royal York for Wednesday, April 10th.  He does not want anything for it, but I would suggest a nominal fee to him, or a nominal donation to the CCFC at the dinner.  If you want the room, please contact me and I will get you in touch with him.  Cheers!

Ok FFHWatcher...you win!  I'll email you and the person with the room right now, so that you can coordinate and change the room name.  Congratulations...you saved about $60-80 and the money goes to a good cause!  Cheers!

In case you're interested, I just booked a room at the Strathcona Hotel about 1 block away.

Room rate is $144/night. Never stayed there, so we will see how it is.

http://www.thestrathconahotel.com

I stayed there already last year and was completely satisfied with their value proposition. I usually never spend much on intangible goods and services, because it's thrown away money. I got my room in some bundle with plane tickets at expedia, so I paid much less, something below $100 a night for the room. A lot of other board members also stayed there. A comparable value would be the Bond Place Hotel near Dandas square, but it would be a little further away. Anyway,... there is some funny YouTube video about them, where in the end (at 2:40min),... the general manager and his assistant state that the Royal York is the best hotel in town, and they are only the second best choice, but in terms of price they bet them ;)  http://www.youtube.com/#/watch?v=-5t1E1Mjtqo