Do you think Bitcoin is a safe store of value?

mikazo
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Does anyone know if this mentioned "MicroStrategy’s 0.75% convertible bond" trades publicly?

Where can I check this information

Thanks!

Appears to be a private issue. I have looked around for a prospectus but unable to find one. There were a few details of the convertible feature in the news and PR but that’s about it. Regardless of to your thoughts on BTC, hard to deny its clever move by the CEO to exploit this unfulfilled demand in the market.

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know if this mentioned "MicroStrategy’s 0.75% convertible bond" trades publicly?

Thanks!

Appears to be a private issue. I have looked around for a prospectus but unable to find one. There were a few details of the convertible feature in the news and PR but that’s about it. Regardless of to your thoughts on BTC, hard to deny its clever move by the CEO to exploit this unfulfilled demand in the market.

Very clever. Still shocked that the board allowed it since it's unrelated to the underlying business of the co, but very creative and clever for sure and is currently paying off in spades.

Thanks!

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1050446/000119312520315971/d225117dex991.htm

Says to be “private offering”. Please check thanks.

Ray Dalio taking a deep dive into Bitcoin.

His conclusion: Bitcoin looks like a long-duration option on a highly unknown future that I could put an amount of money in that I wouldn’t mind losing about 80% of.

Aka he’s willing to place a bet on it

https://www.bridgewater.com/research-and-insights/ray-dalio-what-i-think-of-bitcoin

What many BTC bulls have been saying for years now...

But what prompted him to revisit his stance? I think it's obvious due to the rise in the BTC price and sustained momentum... He cannot ignore it anymore. Isn't this the same as a person jumping on to some mania bandwagon?

Grant William's recent podcast episode is a good BTC debate:

https://ttmygh.podbean.com/e/gwp_002/

Grant's podcast will go behind a paywall Feb 1st, but is free for now.

The MacroVoices podcast also interviewed the Logica guy (BTC bear) last week. I think he made a better case there than on this podcast. I just really felt like this whole thing was bogged down and debating semantics and words and papers (papers that they both agreed were low quality) instead of getting into the crux of BTC. I wish Grant did a better job moderating.

Ray Dalio taking a deep dive into Bitcoin.

His conclusion: Bitcoin looks like a long-duration option on a highly unknown future that I could put an amount of money in that I wouldn’t mind losing about 80% of.

Aka he’s willing to place a bet on it

https://www.bridgewater.com/research-and-insights/ray-dalio-what-i-think-of-bitcoin

What many BTC bulls have been saying for years now...

But what prompted him to revisit his stance? I think it's obvious due to the rise in the BTC price and sustained momentum... He cannot ignore it anymore. Isn't this the same as a person jumping on to some mania bandwagon?

He's been making the turn over a few months. He admitted recently that there was something he might've missed and was asking for direction and info from market participants on twitter to explain it to him.

In other news - looks like Elon is on board now too.

Guest cherzeca

my conclusion on BTC was to wait for an SEC approved ETF...which "should" be soon. both in terms of a signal of market and regulatory acceptance and ease of holding.  admit this to being a lazy man's conclusion

Current times ($GME saga) show value of #Antifragile systems. Try blocking $BTC trade. Exchange in some part of the world will support execution.

Possibly illegally. And possibly gonna lose your money after execution.  ;D

Good to look up on something disagrees with what we have seen. Your possibilities can not be ruled out. Pointer could be game theory involving multiple players.

my conclusion on BTC was to wait for an SEC approved ETF...which "should" be soon. both in terms of a signal of market and regulatory acceptance and ease of holding.  admit this to being a lazy man's conclusion

For those of you managing OPM I can see where this would make sense. But for your own personal funds, this seems a bit conservative.

Guest cherzeca

For those of you managing OPM I can see where this would make sense. But for your own personal funds, this seems a bit conservative.

yes, thank you for the compliment!

yes, thank you for the compliment!

:)  When I said "a bit conservative" I meant "overly conservative". But we all have our own risk tolerance I guess.

• 2 weeks later...

If the Fed ever wants to prick a bubble without hurting the economy, targeting BTC and the other cryptos is one way to do it. As crypto becomes larger, it is almost inevitable in some way, the question is what and when.

How would that help with the rest of the inflated assets? It will create worse bubbles elsewhere.