Google Reader will not be available after July 1st, 2013

beerbaron

Back when this happened I ended up switching to Digg Reader.  Today they say they are shutting down the RSS reader March 26th...  Anyone have a current RSS reader favorite that doesn't cost anything per month?  Doesn't seem like it should cost $5 per month to use RSS

I've used Feedly for a while, there's both an app for iOS and a website.

Recently I've installed Evergreen, an alpha Mac app that is fast and lightweight and free:

https://ranchero.com/evergreen/

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Back when this happened I ended up switching to Digg Reader.  Today they say they are shutting down the RSS reader March 26th...  Anyone have a current RSS reader favorite that doesn't cost anything per month?  Doesn't seem like it should cost $5 per month to use RSS

The Old Reader works well for me.

I've used Feedly for a while, there's both an app for iOS and a website.

Recently I've installed Evergreen, an alpha Mac app that is fast and lightweight and free:

https://ranchero.com/evergreen/

Do you have any notable issues with Feedly?  I use it, and it's not as great as Google Reader, or Digg Reader,  ... it's sufficient for the most part.

I use theoldreader.com, it has search feature, which is missing in feedly.

It looks a lot like the old google reader, so I went to hit signup and it mentioned a premium feature. There is no info about it without signing up, so I didn't join.  I don't like having no information about what I'm joining before I join.  Too much like bait and switch.  What is the cost for premium and how crippled is the reader, or cluttered with ads, if you don't pay?

...how crippled is the reader, or cluttered with ads, if you don't pay?

I forgot I had an account with TOR. (free)

So I took a screenshot for you. I use uBlock Origin so I really don't know about the ads since I don't see them.

It does remind me of the old Google reader.

Capture.thumb.PNG.8e3bc0c95ed4e4991943826744245d2e.PNG

Do you have any notable issues with Feedly?  I use it, and it's not as great as Google Reader, or Digg Reader,  ... it's sufficient for the most part.

It's ok. Not as fast or as clean as Google Reader was. That's why I'm experimenting with Evergreen.

...how crippled is the reader, or cluttered with ads, if you don't pay?

I forgot I had an account with TOR. (free)

So I took a screenshot for you. I use uBlock Origin so I really don't know about the ads since I don't see them.

It does remind me of the old Google reader.

Thanks I think I'm going to try it.  I've been using Feedly since Google Reader went away, but I've never been really happy with it.