John Malone interview (Oct 2012)

Liberty

Liberty,

I hadn't seen this before, and it is very much appreciated! Thank you for posting!  :)

giofranchi

“As time goes on I get more and more convinced that the right method in investment is to put fairly large sums into enterprises which one thinks one knows something about and in the management of which one thoroughly believes. It is a mistake to think that one limits one’s risk by spreading too much between enterprises about which one knows little and has no reason for special confidence.” - John Maynard Keynes

• 2 years later...

http://youtu.be/QUbQRwKXeCU

Found this Malone interview with Betty Liu from 2010 that I don't think I had seen before. Apologies if it's been posted here and I missed it. He says a bunch of interesting stuff on a variety of topics.

Yes, this is a great interview that basically got me interested in cable companies for the first time. Every time I see Malone in an interview I'm impressed by how candid he is. Really a great visionary and also seems to be a fun guy.

http://youtu.be/QUbQRwKXeCU

Found this Malone interview with Betty Liu from 2010 that I don't think I had seen before. Apologies if it's been posted here and I missed it. He says a bunch of interesting stuff on a variety of topics.

Yes, this is a great interview that basically got me interested in cable companies for the first time. Every time I see Malone in an interview I'm impressed by how candid he is. Really a great visionary and also seems to be a fun guy.

The idea of a Miley Cyrus ride was delightful.

• 2 months later...

I'm always amazed by how big the guy is..

Were there interesting tidbits in? It's from 2009 so how relevant is it today?

I thought it was very interesting / relevant given that the industry changes that they were discussing are still (IMO) evolving today.  It also gives historical context to today's challenges and insight into how Malone sees things and his approach to figuring out how things will evolve - he talked about the need to experiment and not being dependent on a single approach given how, in this industry, something can come out of the left field and wipe you out.