Sound Companies in Greece

twacowfca

What are sound companies in Greece that will be relatively unaffected by recession in Greece or Greece's possible exit from the Euro?

Have you seen the presentation Broyhill Asset Management published about Coca-Cola Hellenic? I thought it was interesting.  :)

giofranchi

“As time goes on I get more and more convinced that the right method in investment is to put fairly large sums into enterprises which one thinks one knows something about and in the management of which one thoroughly believes. It is a mistake to think that one limits one’s risk by spreading too much between enterprises about which one knows little and has no reason for special confidence.” - John Maynard Keynes

What are sound companies in Greece that will be relatively unaffected by recession in Greece or Greece's possible exit from the Euro?

Have you seen the presentation Broyhill Asset Management published about Coca-Cola Hellenic? I thought it was interesting.  :)

giofranchi

“As time goes on I get more and more convinced that the right method in investment is to put fairly large sums into enterprises which one thinks one knows something about and in the management of which one thoroughly believes. It is a mistake to think that one limits one’s risk by spreading too much between enterprises about which one knows little and has no reason for special confidence.” - John Maynard Keynes

No. That looks interesting. Do you have a link?  Thanks.

Please, find it in attachment.  :)

giofranchi

CCH-Thesis-Dec-12.pdf

Regarding CCH, is it really that cheap? A cursory glance shows a P/E of 38...other bottler/distributors are trading at lower multiples...COKE @ 27x and KOF @ 33x

Also, linked to the SSW thread in the investment ideas section, can anyone speak to Greek shippers?

Regarding CCH, is it really that cheap? A cursory glance shows a P/E of 38...other bottler/distributors are trading at lower multiples...COKE @ 27x and KOF @ 33x

Also, linked to the SSW thread in the investment ideas section, can anyone speak to Greek shippers?

Well, I read a lot of ideas… just for fun. But when it really comes to commit capital, I never stray outside my circle of competence. And my circle is very small…

CCH is outside my circle and I really don’t know if it is cheap or expensive right now.

But I have found the Broyhill thesis to be much fun anyway!  ;D

giofranchi

There are two very good companies in Greece, the maybe three. Helenic CC is not one.  In fact they are moving abroad and price isnt cheap. The rest are garbage.

It would be interesting to hear your ideas about the two or three companies that look good in Greece.  Would you care to share them?