Annual Meeting 2013

racemize

Hi all, this is my first outing to the annual meeting, and I was hoping for some advice/pointers.  I pretty much want to know everything that's worth knowing--so don't hold back!

Some questions I particularly wouldn't mind info on:

1) I'd love to get my Security Analysis autographed by Buffett/Munger, but I doubt there's any way to get that to happen given the number of people.  Is it pretty much just a pipe dream?

2) How soon do you get there and get into the seats?

3) Is there a corner of berkshire meet-up?  Or is it so hectic with all the events that everyone just wonders around?

4) What's yellow berker, and is that worth going to (it seems like the answer is yes)?

Thanks!

Hi all, this is my first outing to the annual meeting, and I was hoping for some advice/pointers.  I pretty much want to know everything that's worth knowing--so don't hold back!

1) I'd love to get my Security Analysis autographed by Buffett/Munger, but I doubt there's anyway to get that to happen given the number of people.  Is it pretty much just a pipe dream?

3) Is there a corner of berkshire meet-up?  Or is it so hectic with all the events that everyone just wonders around?

4) What's yellow berker, and is that worth going to (it seems like the answer is yes)?

Thanks!

#1 Highly unlikely IMO. The closest I have gotten to WEB was watching him play bridge at the mall for a few minutes. They used to have an international meetup for people with international passports to meet them, but they have stopped doing that.

#2 I went in 09 and 10, showed up around 6:30am to get in line and got decent seats. For those two years it seemed like there were plenty of seats available. But maybe someone who went last year can comment.

#3 No idea. If there is I would like to know.

#4 No idea.

1) I'd love to get my Security Analysis autographed by Buffett/Munger, but I doubt there's any way to get that to happen given the number of people.  Is it pretty much just a pipe dream?

Thanks!

1)  Tough.  But you may be able to find him at different places where they will sit and sign some autographs.  Keep your ears open while you are there, and probably keep a copy of it in your laptop bag or in your car.

2)  Get to the Centurylink Center early.  But you will still get a seat if you are there by 7am.  Even if you aren't in the main forum, there are seating areas outside in various places that have video feed.

3)  Yes, in Toronto two weeks earlier!  ;D  I only go every three years, so I haven't organized anything.  There are so many Berkshire events, that there really isn't much time or space for a CofB&F meet.  But you will run into boardmembers and readers, and you can hang with them, go for a bite, etc.  You will make alot of friends while you are there.

4)  Yes.  Yellow BRK'ers are the guys wearing the big, yellow ten gallon cowboy hats.  Alex, who has posted above, is organizing it.  You'll have some fun, meet people to probably hang out with over the weekend, and certainly will run into some CofB&F boardmembers there.  It was started, I guess, about 14-15 years ago.  Buffett used to come to the party before and hang around for a while.  Not any more, as  Berkshire weekend is just so huge and busy now. 

Cheers!