Anyone Get a Blackberry Z10?

KFRCanuk

Upgraded from Bold 9780. I have iPod touches, ipads, samsung galaxy TAB 10.1 and a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2.

I gotta say the z10 is a pretty good phone. I'm missing some apps but I can deal with it. I can also run android apps if I really need to.

The z10 interface is very swooshy. I like the interface better than android.

• 2 months later...

Incidentally, since Prem reads this board, he will be very upset at anyone who buys any other phone instead of a Z10 or Q10.  He will not pay your annual dividend if he finds out you bought a non-Blackberry phone.  He will also get Thorsten to break your little, girly phones with his big brawny hands.  ;D  He's a big guy...looks slight on television, but he's big!  Cheers! 

I got one. Love it. Top notch product. With no complaints since day one.

Incidentally, welcome back Lotsofcoke! 

For those of you who don't know, it was Lotsofcoke who took me to my first Yellow BRK'ers party back in 2001, where I ended up meeting Buffett.  The rest is history and this board pretty much exists because of that.  Cheers!

Guest valueInv

Incidentally, since Prem reads this board, he will be very upset at anyone who buys any other phone instead of a Z10 or Q10.  He will not pay your annual dividend if he finds out you bought a non-Blackberry phone.  He will also get Thorsten to break your little, girly phones with his big brawny hands.  ;D  He's a big guy...looks slight on television, but he's big!  Cheers!

I guess you have to pay people to buy a Z10 ;D

ROFL! ;D

For those of you who don't know, it was Lotsofcoke who took me to my first Yellow BRK'ers party back in 2001, where I ended up meeting Buffett.  The rest is history and this board pretty much exists because of that.  Cheers!

OMG! :o :o

First the John Lennon watching the wheel song at ScionCapital,... and now Lotsofcoke.

... something is happening in Area 51  ;D

The boards long lost Phoenix has risen from the ashes!  ;D ;D ;D

Welcome back Lotsofcoke,... ;D

Some long lost remote satellite over the northern hemisphere has reponded again. I personally can be very grateful to him through the tumultuous years of 2002/2003,... I guess without him this board wouldn't be like it is today. Lotsofcoke was like a satellite light-house guiding the board members through the mist with deep knowledge. I was always wondering in the last years if he might sit somewhere undercover in the Royal Thomson Hall. 8)  Welcome back!

I've had a white Blackberry Curve 9360 for 2 years now (maybe a bit longer) and I love it. I was waiting on the Q10 but I like the design of the Q5 better. I'm looking to upgrade to a red Blackberry Q5 when it comes out. However, if I don't like the Q5 I figure I'll just change to the Z10. I like that the Q5 comes in different colors. It'd be awesome if the rest of the Q5 phones could come in many different colors.

Parsad - Does he really read it?

Yup!  So do quite a few other people in the office.  Be careful what you guys say!  ;D  Cheers!

I would have expected him to learn from eric and load up bac.  :P ... Not that rimm is doing bad but that would be too much fun

• 1 month later...

Stop blaming me ;)

First the John Lennon watching the wheel song at ScionCapital,... and now Lotsofcoke.

Some long lost remote satellite over the northern hemisphere has reponded again. I personally can be very grateful to him through the tumultuous years of 2002/2003,... I guess without him this board wouldn't be like it is today. Lotsofcoke was like a satellite light-house guiding the board members through the mist with deep knowledge. I was always wondering in the last years if he might sit somewhere undercover in the Royal Thomson Hall. 8)  Welcome back!

The famous BerkshireMystery.... Been a long time. Sorry to say but much like a lovely gentleman (Roger Hodgson) I had the pleasure of meeting once sang: I took the long way home....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfApBz4_XQk

I really understood where he was coming from when he wrote that song. Most people don't pay attention to the lyrics. I experienced the same as Roger but my stage was finance:

So you think you're a Romeo

You're playing a part in a picture show

Take the long way home

Take the long way home

But you're the joke of the neighborhood

Why should you care if you're feeling good?

Take the long way home

Take the long way home

But there are times that you feel you're part of the scenery

All the greenery is comin' down, boy

But  then your wife seems to think you're part of the furniture

Oh, it's peculiar, she used to be so nice

When lonely days turn to lonely nights

You take a trip to the city lights

And take the long way home

Take the long way home

You never see what you want to see

Forever playing to the gallery

You take the long way home

Take the long way home

And when you're up on stage, it's so unbelievable

Oh, unforgettable, how they adore you

But then your wife seems to think you're losing your sanity

Oh, calamity, is there no way out?

Well does it feel that your life's become a catastrophe?

Oh, it has to be for you to grow, boy

When you look through the years and see what you could have been

Oh, what you might have been if you'd have had more time

So when the day comes to settle down

Who's to blame if you're not around?

You took the long way home

Take the Long way Home.

I switched from a Samsung S4 to a Q10. The phone is great but there really are no apps available, not even a Chase app.  Everything else I pretty much like. The browser is a bit slow. 

I hated the Samsung S4. The screen was so big you had to use two hands. I couldnt type in english at all, even using Swipe. The apps would always freeze and Android has weird boxes that show up that have no use at all. I think andriod is horrible and clunky. 

Bbry needs to start investing more heavily in app development asap. 

The famous BerkshireMystery.... Been a long time. Sorry to say but much like a lovely gentleman (Roger Hodgson) I had the pleasure of meeting once sang: I took the long way home....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfApBz4_XQk

I really understood where he was coming from when he wrote that song. Most people don't pay attention to the lyrics. I experienced the same as Roger but my stage was finance:

So you think you're a Romeo

You're playing a part in a picture show

Take the long way home

Take the long way home

But you're the joke of the neighborhood

Why should you care if you're feeling good?

Take the long way home

Take the long way home

But there are times that you feel you're part of the scenery

All the greenery is comin' down, boy

But  then your wife seems to think you're part of the furniture

Oh, it's peculiar, she used to be so nice

When lonely days turn to lonely nights

You take a trip to the city lights

And take the long way home

Take the long way home

You never see what you want to see

Forever playing to the gallery

You take the long way home

Take the long way home

And when you're up on stage, it's so unbelievable

Oh, unforgettable, how they adore you

But then your wife seems to think you're losing your sanity

Oh, calamity, is there no way out?

Well does it feel that your life's become a catastrophe?

Oh, it has to be for you to grow, boy

When you look through the years and see what you could have been

Oh, what you might have been if you'd have had more time

So when the day comes to settle down

Who's to blame if you're not around?

You took the long way home

Take the Long way Home.

Welcome home!  I spent a good 10 years after my father died in the wilderness, until a man named John invited me to the Yellow BRK'ers Party where I met Buffett.  Glad I found my way home too!  Cheers! 

I've got a Z10 (and also a second-hand Playbook, sigh).  It's a good device.  Some things I would like to see improved,  but overall a good interface, very reliable, good communications punch-thru (most phones cannot work from within my basement office), way more apps than I have time for.  What I like overall is the company's orientation to high-productivity people.  The apps I wish for are along those lines.  The QNX Momentics app development environment is very good quality, and the phone is full of sensors and other goodies, and power!, that make it a very nice device to develop for.  My own developing is for personal use, not for the app store.  But if one is developing for the app store, it is a good value-type opportunity.  Think of it ... not a huge number of competitors, a high-income high-expectation group of potential purchasers, Blackberry looks after all your distribution, so you can concentrate on producing quality code and user interface.  And most of the user interface design conventions are already defined, with numerous example codes that you can adapt to suit your app.

I had hoped that the Playbook would be continued with support, or some sort of trade-in program to get a larger memory model, maybe.  It is a device for reading science papers, in my case, and I find the tablet size preferrable to the Z10 screen size.  However the Z10's screen is 1280x768 and the browser and Adobe are fully working, so that is good -- just my old eyes have to squint when a paper is in two-columns.