Doug Kass will be a panel member at this year's meeting

dcollon

From Relamoney.com:

Doug Kass

Omaha, Here I Come!

Mar 4, 2013 | 9:06 AM EST

Stock quotes in this article:

BRK.B

I am going to lead a panel as a credentialed bear at this year's 'Woodstock of Capitalism.'

Wow!

I am going to Disneyland -- I mean Omaha, Nebraska, to be the credentialed bear leading a panel at Berkshire Hathaway's (BRK.B) annual meeting in early May!

I am surprised, honored and flattered.

Stay tuned -- literally!

I am going to lead a panel as a credentialed bear at this year's 'Woodstock of Capitalism.'

I suppose the emphasis is on the bear as opposed to credentialed. The last I remember reading of him was when he accused WEB of "style drift" in late 2008 for having written those index put options. He didn't seem particularly conversant with either WEB/Berkshire at the time, so his impeding presence as an invitee at this year's meeting is odd.

Best,

Ragu

I suppose the emphasis is on the bear as opposed to credentialed. The last I remember reading of him was when he accused WEB of "style drift" in late 2008 for having written those index put options. He didn't seem particularly conversant with either WEB/Berkshire at the time, so his impeding presence as an invitee at this year's meeting is odd.

Best,

Ragu

I thought the same thing.

Maybe Buffett wants to embarrass him pubicly.

Guest longinvestor

This is another attempt (there have been many recently) by Warren to lay bare how undervalued BRK is. He said it in many ways in his AR, he has bought back shares for the first time ever and has put out that "Good until closed" buy order at 120% BV. He wants to publicly take down any short thesis out there.

This is unprecedented and totally out-of-character for the master of underpromising and overdelivering.

Never have seen him do this. Anyone disagree?

What about that kid who posted a bearish presentation on BRK in order to bring attention to himself and get a hedge fund job? He was wrong, of course, but Doug Kass has always come off like a loser to me.

I used to follow Kass on realmoney.com for a while. He was dead wrong probably 90% of the time, and then the few times he's right about anything, there were giant banner adds on thestreet.com advertising 'pay for Doug Kass's genius picks like...blah blah blah' or something like that. I'd love to see what his funds' returns are over the last decade...I can't imagine they're good (maybe aside from the last couple years where nearly anyone could make money buying stocks).