Corner of Berkshire & Fairfax Message Board - 11th Anniversary!

Parsad

Hi Folks,

Tomorrow is the 11th Anniversary of the board.  So, what could be a better anniversary gift than hearing Steve Cohan may soon finally have to close shop!

In it's former incarnation, "The MSN Berkshire Hathaway Shareholder's Board", was simply someplace for me and a few of my Berkshire friends to hangout.  It grew to become a safe haven for Fairfax Financial shareholders during the epic (at least in our minds) bear raid in 2003 after Fairfax listed in New York.  I've made a ton of wonderful friends on here, and it's catalogued my experiences, both in life and the investment community.  So thank you for listening and being my friend!

I used to do occasional interviews with people related to the value-investing community.  So I thought I would include all of the interviews conducted.  There was one from Irwin Michaels as well, but after a couple of revisits and revisions, he was still unhappy with the end product, so we nixed the interview...unfortunately, I cannot include it.  But it certainly is fun reading some of these interviews from back then...hope you enjoy them!  Cheers!

Interview_With_Mohnish_Pabrai_-_October_21_2003.pdf

Interview_With_John_Zemanovich_-_November_14_2003.pdf

Interview_With_Amitabh_Singhi.pdf

Interview_With_Andy_Kilpatrick_-_July_17_2003.pdf

Interview_With_Tim_McElvaine_-_January_18_2005.pdf

Interview_With_John_Linnartz_-_April_3_2009.pdf

Interview_With_Sardar_Biglari_-_October_27_2004.pdf

Interview_With_Jonathan_Wellum_-_June_5_2003.pdf

Interview_With_Larry_Sarbit_-_July_29_2004.pdf

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, 11 years! I'm such a grasshopper compared to the old breed here.

Happy birthday to CBF, thank you Parsad for all that you do to keep this place the best investing community on the net, and thanks to everybody who contributes! I've learned so much from all of you.  :)

Congratulations! This is an amazing community to be a part of, thank you.

Wow, 11 years! I'm such a grasshopper compared to the old breed here.

Happy birthday to CBF, thank you Parsad for all that you do to keep this place the best investing community on the net, and thanks to everybody who contributes! I've learned so much from all of you.  :)

I was 12 when Parsad and his friends started posting so consider me a fellow grasshopper. ;o

Congratulations Sanjeev and thanks to all the contributors from whom I've learned a lot - at no cost at all. 

As our esteemed host is both humble and gracious, and I am not, I would like to challenge anyone who has ever made any money from this forum to contribute $11 as a token thanks for 11 years of outstanding ideas and discourse. 

Just click on the Donations button, spray a little WD40 on those rusty wallet hinges and fork over $11 bucks. 

It will all go to a good cause!

Happy Anniversary!!! Would you like give updates about the board now and the future of it?

Oh, it will continue as long as I'm alive!  I love hanging out with you guys, and I have a blast being able to communicate with so many people.  It will continue to evolve at a sloth-like pace, as it has for the last 11 years.  I want to maintain a sense of community, so we'll get larger slowly.  The boards will continue to be monitored as they have been.

I'm still looking at the best ways to make the site mobile.  The cheaper and free ways of setting up a site for mobile browsers doesn't work as well with the Simple Machines software and layout.  I think it's going to be costly, so it may be a little longer before we do that.  I'll let you guys know of any other updates as they happen, if any.  Cheers!

Guest hellsten

Thank you Sanjeev. This board is one of the few sites I check on a daily basis. The quality of the content and discussions here is invaluable :)

Happy Anniversary!!! Would you like give updates about the board now and the future of it?

Oh, it will continue as long as I'm alive!  I love hanging out with you guys, and I have a blast being able to communicate with so many people.  It will continue to evolve at a sloth-like pace, as it has for the last 11 years.  I want to maintain a sense of community, so we'll get larger slowly.  The boards will continue to be monitored as they have been.

I'm still looking at the best ways to make the site mobile.  The cheaper and free ways of setting up a site for mobile browsers doesn't work as well with the Simple Machines software and layout.  I think it's going to be costly, so it may be a little longer before we do that.  I'll let you guys know of any other updates as they happen, if any.  Cheers!

Out of curiosity have you looked at: http://tapatalk.com/activate_tapatalk.php

They have SMF plugin which appears to be free, then users buy the client app from the app store.

Somebody mentioned this under the book section ... this is the Mastermind that Napolean Hill talks about! Its a wonderful site. If you need money to make the site mobile you should organize a donation drive....I am sure you will raise the money easily.

Thank you Sanjeev. This board is one of the few sites I check on a daily basis. The quality of the content and discussions here is invaluable :)

+1

Thanks Sanjeev.  :)

Out of curiosity have you looked at: http://tapatalk.com/activate_tapatalk.php

They have SMF plugin which appears to be free, then users buy the client app from the app store.

Thanks Compoundinglife, I'll try that one.  I tried 3 other ones, and unfortunately if they are free or cheaper, they don't allow you to really organize the posts in an effective manner, or the appearance was useless.  I'll let you know how this one works.  Cheers!