Ignite To Buy Romano's Macaroni Grill

Parsad

For you restaurant business junkies like myself.  Ignite is buying Romano's from Golden Gate Capital for $55M. 

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/ignite-buy-romanos-macaroni-224952504.html

Pretty good deal, since Golden Gate bought it from Brinkers in 2008 for $131.5M!  Cheers!

http://www.reuters.com/article/2008/08/18/us-brinker-romanos-idUSWNAB758320080818

There used to be a Macaroni Grill in the old rogers mansion on Davie street. I ate there more than once it was a wonderfull location they used to hire opera majors from UBC as waiters and they would sing on demand, decent food great concept. With the right operator it could make some serious coin perhaps you could get the guy who was just fired from the Olive Garden to run it he certainly knows this slice of the food biz.

There used to be a Macaroni Grill in the old rogers mansion on Davie street. I ate there more than once it was a wonderfull location they used to hire opera majors from UBC as waiters and they would sing on demand, decent food great concept. With the right operator it could make some serious coin perhaps you could get the guy who was just fired from the Olive Garden to run it he certainly knows this slice of the food biz.

Yes, there used to be one there.  I think it's some sort of Lounge now.  Cheers!

I used to own a lot of stock in the Spectra Group that owned the Canadian rights to the Macaroni Grill. I like the food biz its made me a fair bit of dough over the years. I think someone should take over Memphis Blues and roll out the concept Nationaly insanely good food and great concept would work pretty much anywear in North America. Who would think an Asian guy in Vancouver could absolutely kill with a southern barbecue concept.

I used to own a lot of stock in the Spectra Group that owned the Canadian rights to the Macaroni Grill. I like the food biz its made me a fair bit of dough over the years. I think someone should take over Memphis Blues and roll out the concept Nationaly insanely good food and great concept would work pretty much anywear in North America. Who would think an Asian guy in Vancouver could absolutely kill with a southern barbecue concept.

Yeah, they would do well, but they'd be competing with alot of local chains, as well as Famous Dave's.  They would need to have someone who knows how to really franchise.  Cheers!