BH Rights Offering

wescobrk

Looks like they want to raise $50m (from the 8k http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/93859/000092189513000219/form8k07428_02052013.htm)

As to why? ...

The Company has postponed a special meeting to implement a dual class structure of its common stock and thus gain increased flexibility in structuring acquisitions and financing transactions. In the absence of a dual class structure, the Company intends to conduct a rights offering as an alternative means of financing future acquisitions or investments to augment the Company’s growth.

Looks like they want to raise $50m (from the 8k http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/93859/000092189513000219/form8k07428_02052013.htm)

As to why? ...

The Company has postponed a special meeting to implement a dual class structure of its common stock and thus gain increased flexibility in structuring acquisitions and financing transactions. In the absence of a dual class structure, the Company intends to conduct a rights offering as an alternative means of financing future acquisitions or investments to augment the Company’s growth.

They probably couldn't get the votes for the dual class structure. 

What happens if those that are exhausted of this company decide that they don't want to throw any more money at it, and don't subscribe to their full alottment?  I wonder who is going to oversubscribe on all of those warrants, which will probably be available at a discount to book.  Maybe he should just take this thing private like Dell!  ;D  Cheers!

As to why? ...

What happens if those that are exhausted of this company decide that they don't want to throw any more money at it, and don't subscribe to their full alottment?  I wonder who is going to oversubscribe on all of those warrants, which will probably be available at a discount to book.  Maybe he should just take this thing private like Dell!  ;D  Cheers!

I saw this and thought the same thing...

That said, everything has a price in which it is cheap.

Serious question: would you (or anyone else here) buy BH at a discount to tangible book? Say, $200/share? I would get tempted, though, would like to see it cheaper. I sold all my stock after the employment agreement, and have since discounted further since the licensing of his name... That was wholly ridiculous.

I wonder who would be interested in essentially buying 9% of the company at this price.

As to why? ...

Serious question: would you (or anyone else here) buy BH at a discount to tangible book? Say, $200/share? I would get tempted, though, would like to see it cheaper. I sold all my stock after the employment agreement, and have since discounted further since the licensing of his name... That was wholly ridiculous.

I wonder who would be interested in essentially buying 9% of the company at this price.

Yes, definitely...I love that burger chain!  Also, it would be cheaper to run a proxy against him.  ;D

Perhaps, that is what is happening and it's why we are seeing some of these things come into play...licensing, cancellation of the dual-class, rights offering.  Maybe there is a disgruntled shareholder out there who has had enough.  Cheers!

As to why? ...

No, 200 might be cheap at the time but unless you can take control of the company your pissing money away.  He has proven time and again, your just the fly on the windshield when it comes to his company.  Each attempt is more brazen then the last.  Just my .02