Hotel at the annual meeting?

farnamstreet

If you don't have a reservation by now, I don't think you'll be able to find one in Omaha.

No, that's what I thought as well.  I had one hotel booked in late December, but when I was doing some searching, it looked like some cancellations may have popped up at some hotels. 

I ended up getting some really nice rooms at the Doubletree for a nice rate.  They may still have some rooms left.  Check Expedia as well, as their allocation wasn't completely exhausted.  Cheers!

I'm thinking of going this year--is there stuff to do on Sunday, or does everyone leave then?  I'm still trying to figure out if MKL has theirs in Omaha this year (on Sunday maybe? I heard they did it the same weekend usually?), but no luck yet.

last year there was a nice brunch at Borsheim- WEB + Mr Gates showed up a bit later and played some table tennis. I am not sure what they usually do on sunday but it seems weekend is over by mid day which gives you time to get back home

Is the MKL meeting on Saturday afternoon?

Sunday morning at the Omaha Marriott near Borsheims.  Cheers!

Actually, sorry Bill.  It looks like they moved the event last year to the Omaha Hilton.  Go to the MKL thread in the "Investment Ideas" section.  They have the email contact at Markel.  It used to just be open to everyone, but it looks like it may be by invitation now.  Cheers!

Actually, sorry Bill.  It looks like they moved the event last year to the Omaha Hilton.  Go to the MKL thread in the "Investment Ideas" section.  They have the email contact at Markel.  It used to just be open to everyone, but it looks like it may be by invitation now.  Cheers!

I don't speak for Markel, but I believe the event is still open to everyone. I think the invitation is more for the purposes of getting a head count. If anyone is planning on attending I would recommend sending and email to Myra Hey mhey@markelcorp.com as a courtesy. I have gone the last three years and the event keeps growing so I am sure it is not easy to budget for food and seating.

I don't speak for Markel, but I believe the event is still open to everyone. I think the invitation is more for the purposes of getting a head count. If anyone is planning on attending I would recommend sending and email to Myra Hey mhey@markelcorp.com as a courtesy. I have gone the last three years and the event keeps growing so I am sure it is not easy to budget for food and seating.

I just got a response from her, so thanks!  She indicated it "was after the Berkshire meeting"--I assume that's sunday, but could you confirm the day?

I just got a response from her, so thanks!  She indicated it "was after the Berkshire meeting"--I assume that's sunday, but could you confirm the day?

The event has been on Sunday the last three years I have gone, but I would confirm with Myra as the date gets closer just to be safe. Now that she has your email she will probably send you an invitation around the end of March.