Fairfax Financial 2013 AGM Event Information

Parsad

Ok, so here is the somewhat complete listing of events for the Fairfax 2013 AGM:

Wednesday April 10, 2013

Ben Graham Centre's 2013 Value Investing Conference

Fairmont Royal York Ballroom

Tentatively:  8am-5pm

Host:  Dr. George Athanassakos, Ben Graham Chair at the Richard Ivey School of Business

The value investor panel will include Francis Chou, Tim McElvaine, Robert Robotti and Tom Russo.  The morning speaker will be Gary Shilling and the luncheon speaker will be Jeremy Grantham.

Complete details for George's event, including conference ticket and registration information, can be found at:

http://www.bengrahaminvesting.ca/Outreach/2013_Conference.htm

Norm's 2013 Fairfax Pre-Dinner Meeting

Fairmont Royal York Railcar Bar

Tentatively:  3pm-6:15pm

Host:  Norm Rothery, notoriously stingy investor (www.ndir.com) and writer for The Globe & Mail

There's room for about 25-30 people, so some of you may be sitting on the Railcar's roof or holding onto the sides "New Delhi" style!

Fairfax Financial 8th Annual Shareholder's Dinner

Fairmont Royal York Ballroom

6:30pm-11:00pm

Host:  Sanjeev Parsad, Founder of "Corner of Berkshire & Fairfax" website

6:30pm - Meet & Greet

7:00pm - Speakers & Dinner

8:30pm - Presentation Guests (from you know where!)

We will of course have our usual raffle and silent auction.  A wonderful dinner is on the menu, and a cash bar will be open again.  Tickets are $150 (including dinner), or $75 (no dinner, water & beverages will be available). 

Get your tickets soon, as we are going to be running low.  Just go to the "Corner of Berkshire & Fairfax" homepage (www.cornerofberkshireandfairfax.ca), and click on the ticket purchase box on the right hand side.  All profits from ticket sales, auctions, and raffle will be donated to the "Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of Canada", in memory of Prem Watsa's executive assistant, JoAnn Butler. 

Thursday, April 11, 2012

Fairfax Financial Annual General Meeting

Roy Thomson Hall

Host:  V. Prem Watsa, Chairman & CEO of Fairfax Financial and perhaps savior of Canada's beloved Research in Motion

8:30am - Registration

9:30am - AGM

Noon appox. - Cocktail in Lobby

There should be plenty of kiosks again for shareholder's to visit.  All of the Fairfax managers and executives will be on hand to answer your questions.  Prem should have a very interesting presentation as usual, and I'm sure there will be plenty of questions on RIMM, Sandridge and most likely Fibrek.  And who knows, we may get another Ajit Jain sighting!  ;D

MPIC Funds Annual General Meeting

Roy Thomson Hall - Pickering & Green Rooms

Host:  Alnesh Mohan & Sanjeev Parsad, Managing Partners of the MPIC Funds

1:30pm - Meet & Greet

2:00pm - Presentation

2:40pm - Q&A

As usual, we will have plenty of beverages and food.  We look forward to seeing all of you again!

Parsad; I am not able to make it. Just wondering if there are videos of any of these that are taken that can be gotten?

Hi RJ,

No, not currently.  I don't think George puts the conference presentations online.  Prem also doesn't like videotaping the AGM, and because they attend the dinner, we don't record that either.

We will have photographs from all of the events on here, and I'll get a volunteer from each event to write up a summary for boardmembers and post it on here.  Cheers!

Parsad; I am not able to make it. Just wondering if there are videos of any of these that are taken that can be gotten?

Hi RJ,

No, not currently.  I don't think George puts the conference presentations online.  Prem also doesn't like videotaping the AGM, and because they attend the dinner, we don't record that either.

We will have photographs from all of the events on here, and I'll get a volunteer from each event to write up a summary for boardmembers and post it on here.  Cheers!

I only know that "Buffett_Groupie" made some photographs as usual last year at the dinner and uploaded them to KodakGallery.com,... but the old link posted by him here at the board seems currently outdated.

Anyway,... Sanjeev finally got my dinner ticket purchase about one hour ago,  ;D and money should be in your Paypal account by now.