Overstock.com Comments On Dendreon Story By Mark Mitchell

Parsad

Oh, thank you so much Sanjeev for the link!

I've spoke in the past of some people at Overstock, because our business also does a very significant part of our net revenues online. Overstock is a strong source of inspiration for me. I have a very high level of admiration for Patrick Byrne, now and few years ago when nearly everybody were telling that he was paranoid. When he was critized the most, I've said that he was my "CEO of the year". Frankly, those of have been here since a few years will know that I have respect for FFH and MKL managers, but I have to say that Patrick Byrne is even more to me then them. Not only he started an online business from stratch that now enjoy a very strong online brand recognition and a very high level of customer satisfaction, but he didn't let some hedge fund jerks playing with Overstock for a very long time. If he keep to win some small battles like he does, the benefits over the long term of his actions for our capitalist society might be tremendous!

I am so grateful for having herd about these naked short selling stories, shorts attacks and The Fairfax Project. Maybe we would be a target for these jerks if I hadn't herd of that before. No one know the future, but suffice to say that we're still a private company.

Cheers!

When he was critized the most, I've said that he was my "CEO of the year".

i dont know about ceo of the year, but it woulnd surprise me if patrick got "man" "hero" or "inspiration" of the year. he's one of a kind!

btw, doug kass at one of the street dot com sites has an occassional "tell me something i dont know yet" feature in his column there and today he had this:

"Tell Me Something I Don't Know

7/9/2009 10:27 AM EDT

The feds think they have identified the mastermind of the Madoff fraud.

And the person is not a member of the Madoff family.

You heard it here first. 

I recently introduced a new feature. It is a takeoff on Sunday morning's "The Chris Matthews Show," in which there is a segment titled "Tell Me Something I Don't Know."

So, Dougie, tell me something I don't know.

Here's a very hot one: The feds think they have identified the mastermind of the Madoff fraud, and the person is not a member of the Madoff family.

You heard it here first."

i know sanjeev has a dim view of anyone associated with the street dot com, but kass has been on the money with this. i still cant believe the stupidity he shows when it comes to his buffett bashing & cramer a**-kissing tho. i guess some people are smart in places, but not in other places.