Thank you guys!

Liberty

Hey everybody,

Just a quick note to thank everybody who contributes to this forum. Sincerely, I really want to thank you.

I know you could fill canyons with what I don't know about investing, but I want to always keep learning, and I feel like this is a great place to do that. I absolutely love how so many people will refine ideas over time, bouncing off each other's input and researching countless facets of an investment thesis. This place is like a Viennese coffee shop in the 1800s or something! It's like a great book that you can never finish reading, and you can ask the author directly when you have questions!

This is really a special community, and a lot of credit for that belongs to Parsad, our benevolent leader. But while he's the necessary foundation, we have so many great contributors; thank you!  :)

Hey everybody,

Just a quick note to thank everybody who contributes to this forum. Sincerely, I really want to thank you.

I know you could fill canyons with what I don't know about investing, but I want to always keep learning, and I feel like this is a great place to do that. I absolutely love how so many people will refine ideas over time, bouncing off each other's input and researching countless facets of an investment thesis. This place is like a Viennese coffee shop in the 1800s or something!

This is really a special community, and a lot of credit for that belongs to Parsad, our benevolent leader. But while he's the necessary foundation, we have so many great contributors; thank you!  :)

Liberty,...

You are truly right. The board developed slowly over the years through a devoted crowd of knowledgable readers and contributors. Each single member alone would be weak, but through the collaborative contributions of opinions, discussions and reseach,... the board grew out of itself,... a sort of swarm intelligence or wisdom of crowds to a truly unique treasure trove. Comparable with Wikipedia's collaborative platform. The inputs and outputs of the discussions of its members lead to feedback loops of opinion forming. It's the perfect agent-based system of collaboration and a form of artificial intelligence or super-brain. Even the U.S. Intelligence Community (i.e. CIA, NSA, FBI...etc) switched after 9/11 to this form of data base and file keeping. There system is called "Intellipedia" based on the wiki software code.

Intellipedia @ Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intellipedia

CIA Intellipedia - 3rd anniversary

https://www.cia.gov/news-information/featured-story-archive/intellipedia-celebrates-third-anniversary.html

Artificial intelligence @ Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artificial_intelligence

AI textbooks define the field as "the study and design of intelligent agents"[1] where an intelligent agent is a system that perceives its environment and takes actions that maximize its chances of success

+1

And in that vein I would like to attach a very basic paper by Mr. John Hussman, but one that I always reread with great pleasure: “The Two Essential Elements of Wealth Accumulation”.

May everybody on this board accumulate a lot of wealth during their lifetimes, not just as a goal by itself, but as the outcome of a journey of constant self-improvement and of the attainment of ever deeper knowledge.

giofranchi

The_Two_Essential_Elements_of_Wealth_Accumulation.pdf

Well, actually all the credit belongs to my ability to move stock prices by eating lunch out of the office.  I'll get you guys over $11 pretty soon...can't promise $12 before Christmas, but will do my best.  I plan on making it snow in Vancouver for a White Christmas using the same method over the next week as well.  Cheers!

Hey everybody,

I know you could fill canyons with what I don't know about investing, but I want to always keep learning, and I feel like this is a great place to do that. I absolutely love how so many people will refine ideas over time, bouncing off each other's input and researching countless facets of an investment thesis. This place is like a Viennese coffee shop in the 1800s or something! It's like a great book that you can never finish reading, and you can ask the author directly when you have questions!

Couldn't have said it better!

Very well put Liberty!

I'm new here, but would definitely echo that sentiment. It's clear there's a ton of brainpower, experience, and collaboration. It's an amazing board for those and many other reasons. I hope to contribute as much as I gain, but so far it's not even close.

:)

You guys are almost like family...that I've never met...and don't even know the real names of most.

http://n7ugc.disney.go.com/item/Shad0ww0lf/984_2gs11k6UmKK@00001004xh00-h-770491-as/Can%20I%20get%20a%20hug%3F__600_450_q50.jpg

Yes, I'm creepy.  :P

Well, actually all the credit belongs to my ability to move stock prices by eating lunch out of the office.  I'll get you guys over $11 pretty soon...can't promise $12 before Christmas, but will do my best.  I plan on making it snow in Vancouver for a White Christmas using the same method over the next week as well.  Cheers!

Well, I got it to snow in Vancouver this morning.  ;D  Working from home today, and that egg-white omlette I had did the trick.  I wonder what would have happened if I had thrown bacon into it too!  Cheers!

Snow_2012_001.thumb.JPG.faa0ca85a1cc0cfde3adf3bc19850bb1.JPG

This has got to be the mushiest thread ever on this board, complete with virtual cartoon kitten hugs.  :P

Yeah, you guys are an excellent group of people and smart.  And this board is the most valuable discussion board on the internet (for me anyway).  Thanks everyone.

Now shouldn't we be auguring about taxes :( , guns :) , or the existence of god :( , or something...