hyten1

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BP: 50%

FRFHF: 50%

BAC and FFH.

On the other hand, since the world is supposed to end on December 21, 2012, I might be just as well to keep it in cash to spend on hookers and blow....

I agree with the above.  On BAC and FFH, not hookers and blow. If you must make such an investment make it a <<1% position as the world isn't going to end in two weeks and I don't think of a VD as a desirable dividend.

BAC and FFH.

On the other hand, since the world is supposed to end on December 21, 2012, I might be just as well to keep it in cash to spend on hookers and blow....

SJ

Do the girls call you Stubble, or Stubby? You could always take some short positions if the world is supposed to end.

BAC and FFH.

SJ

Do the girls call you Stubble, or Stubby? You could always take some short positions if the world is supposed to end.

Actually, it's the Jumper part that they tend to like.  ;D

BAC and FFH.

SJ

Actually, it's the Jumper part that they tend to

GOOD ONE  :D

No one mentions BRK? I'd also buy BAC, some ECO, LUK/JEFF. Also for some foreign ones Nintendo, Aida Engineering in Tokyo. LRE London. BMW3 in Frankfort, EXOR in Milan.

There's nothing wrong with BRK except that IMO it's not as attractive as BAC.  In fact about two weeks ago, I liquidated the BRK that I had in my RRSP and in my TFSA to buy BAC and BAC.WS.A respectively.  The messaging coming from BAC has been so ridiculously clear, the situation has really become binary - either I'll make a ridiculous bucket-load of money in the next few years or Moynihan is extremely incompetent (or a liar) for providing very bad guidance.  IMO, the ridiculous bucket-load of money is a far more compelling explanation, so I more than doubled-down my exposure a couple of weeks ago.

I still like BRK, but I just do not foresee it providing 30%+ annual returns over the next 3-6 years.  Since BAC.WS.A looks like it can do that, my TFSA is now 95% BAC.WS.A and 5% cash.  It's only been about two weeks since I dumped the BRK and bought the warrants, but I am already regretting the 5% cash.  ::)

SJ

Can't really argue except I'm not sure in my case I'd put 100% in just BAC. Maybe 40-70% but that's just me.

Me neither.  I wouldn't put 100% of my assets in BAC.  I just don't have ERICOPOLY-sized balls! 

I did, however, decide that the warrants are a sufficiently attractive opportunity that they merit nearly 100% of my Tax Free Savings Account.  For my cash account and my Registered Retirement Savings Plan, I only purchased a "healthy slug" of the common.  If things work out like I expect, I will have a good chunk of tax free money in 4-6 years!

SJ