FRFHF dividend poll

shalab
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

FRFHF has a lot of employees ( majority ) in the U.S and does most of its business in the U.S. In addition, there are a lot of U.S based shareholders of FRFHF.

Lastly, all shareholders are interested in dividends - in this poll, everyone gets two votes on the dividend  ;D and do it anonymously.

• 1 month later...

Here's Prem's belated Christmas gift for all of you. If you like it or not depends on each individual investors perspective. I know, a lot of you guys & dolls, might have wanted to keep it the Berkshire way,... without naughty presents.  ;D. But anyway,... this is the amount what most folks probably had expected, if we get a dividend.

-----

Fairfax Declares Annual Dividend of $10 USD per share

Toronto, Friday, 2013-01-04

http://www.fairfax.ca/news/press-releases/press-release-details/2013/Fairfax-Declares-Annual-Dividend1132512/default.aspx

http://www.fairfax.ca/files/PRFFH%20Jan%202013%20Declares%202012%20Annual%20Dividend_v001_q2qil2.pdf

Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited (TSX: FFH and FFH.U) announces that it has declared a dividend of US$10.00 per share on its outstanding multiple voting and subordinate voting shares, payable on January 29, 2013 to shareholders of record on January 22, 2013. Applicable Canadian withholding tax will be applied to dividends payable to non-residents of Canada.

How come Fairfax pays a dividend? Wouldn't it be better for them to hold that capital and reinvest it?

If it means less money for them to throw at awful companies like RIM and DELL, I'm happy with them returning money to me.  :P