Howard Marks latest memo November 2012

Evolveus

Why not just link to the memo on the Oaktree website instead of a blog post?

http://www.oaktreecapital.com/MemoTree/A%20Fresh%20Start%20(Hopefully)%2011_19_2012.pdf

That's a fair question. Anything that I read and think is worthwhile or worth revisiting goes on my blog first. My blog is a collection of things that I'm in to - not just investment articles. I have the blog as an outlet for myself bc not a lot of folks where I live want to talk about value investing, or vinyl or proper cocktails or hard to find craft brew. It's another online storage place for those things for me and possibly a point of interesting interaction.  I'm not living in the town from the movie Deliverance or anything, but I've gone from a major metro, to a significantly smaller place, but I still have my big city tastes.

I post to the blog first for myself and then ill tweet it and if its relevant, post a link here on the board.

http://www.oaktreecapital.com/MemoTree/A%20Fresh%20Start%20(Hopefully)%2011_19_2012.pdf

That's a fair question. Anything that I read and think is worthwhile or worth revisiting goes on my blog first. My blog is a collection of things that I'm in to - not just investment articles. I have the blog as an outlet for myself bc not a lot of folks where I live want to talk about value investing, or vinyl or proper cocktails or hard to find craft brew. It's another online storage place for those things for me and possibly a point of interesting interaction.  I'm not living in the town from the movie Deliverance or anything, but I've gone from a major metro, to a significantly smaller place, but I still have my big city tastes.

I post to the blog first for myself and then ill tweet it and if its relevant, post a link here on the board.

I'm not against you having a blog but when you post them this way it seems like you are simply promoting your blog. You can still post this on your blog but instead of providing us with the blog link just give us the source link where you originally found the article.

I'm not against you having a blog but when you post them this way it seems like you are simply promoting your blog. You can still post this on your blog but instead of providing us with the blog link just give us the source link where you originally found the article.

Good lord.  The guy posts something that someone else hasn't yet and so what if it's on his blog.  Cover your eyes and click through.  Another option is you find it and post it next time.  Here's a piece of advice.  Look at the link.  If you see it isn't direct to the source, then don't click on it since it offends you. 

Good lord.  The guy posts something that someone else hasn't yet and so what if it's on his blog.  Cover your eyes and click through.  Another option is you find it and post it next time.  Here's a piece of advice.  Look at the link.  If you see it isn't direct to the source, then don't click on it since it offends you.

I don t mind if board member here post links to their blogs- how else are guys like me going to find these good places - I have bookmarked a lot of sites posted here by various members. They are all pretty good