Favorite site for market valuation

Shane

Can anyone recommend a site that keeps a running tally on multiple market valuation techniques?  After seen Arnold Von Den Berg's presentation where he mentions the Valueline 1700 P/E ratio I've become interested in finding a resource to keep track of multiple valuation techniques.  Does anyone know where a valueline 1700 P/E can be found BTW?  I didn't see it on valuelines website, does Arnold make it himself (I think he might have mentioned that)?

Can anyone recommend a site that keeps a running tally on multiple market valuation techniques? 

I think dshort.com is a wonderful site to keep track of market valuations. Over there you can find on a monthly basis:

- The Crestmont Research P/E Ratio,

- The cyclical P/E ratio using the trailing 10-year earnings as the divisor,

- The Q Ratio, which is the total price of the market divided by its replacement cost,

- The relationship of the S&P Composite price to a regression trendline,

- The S&P Composite P/E10 ratio by Percentile,

among many other market valuation metrics.

I highly recommend the site.

Of course, I think you know that gurufocus.com provides the market-cap / GDP ratio.

Hope this helps!

giofranchi

I use S&P 500 Index data provided by Standard & Poors. It is comprehensive for valuation purposes. The link below should work. When there, click on "Download Index Data" and click on "Index Earnings". That will open up an Excel file. On the various pages of the Excel file you will find index earnings, dividends, sales, book value as well as a breakdown per index sector. I find it useful and it's free. 

http://www.standardandpoors.com/indices/sp-500/en/us/?indexId=spusa-500-usduf--p-us-l--

Can anyone recommend a site that keeps a running tally on multiple market valuation techniques? 

I think dshort.com is a wonderful site to keep track of market valuations. Over there you can find on a monthly basis:

- The Crestmont Research P/E Ratio,

- The cyclical P/E ratio using the trailing 10-year earnings as the divisor,

- The Q Ratio, which is the total price of the market divided by its replacement cost,

- The relationship of the S&P Composite price to a regression trendline,

- The S&P Composite P/E10 ratio by Percentile,

among many other market valuation metrics.

I highly recommend the site.

Of course, I think you know that gurufocus.com provides the market-cap / GDP ratio.

Hope this helps!

giofranchi

+1 for www.dshort.com

I also like to look directly at the Crestmont website because, in addition to the regularly updated valuation work, Easterling occasionally publishes an interesting macro piece.  Between dshort, Crestmont and Hoisington, you get very good historical context for current valuation.