Data Provider for Price Ratios

persistentone3

Does anyone know of a data vendor who provides 10 years of price-earnings, price-to-book, price-to-tangible-book, and enterprise value ratios for stocks?  Ideally I want to have the high *and* low valuations using those metrics for each of the 10 years, to see how a stock prices out over a full cycle.

I remembered seeing it on there but I couldn't remember exactly what it had, so I went and checked after I replied.  It looks like it only does average ratios, no high and low, and there's nothing for EV or TBV.  It's under the "Valuation" tab.

I remembered seeing it on there but I couldn't remember exactly what it had, so I went and checked after I replied.  It looks like it only does average ratios, no high and low, and there's nothing for EV or TBV.  It's under the "Valuation" tab.

That's helpful thanks.  I would still like something much more detailed if anyone knows of a source.

Capiq has by quarter high, low, average, and ending ratios.  you can also build your own ratios using their excel plug for specific dates.  for some large caps they have over 20 years of data.  They have also added forward-looking multiples in recent years.

Capital IQ is about $20K per year?  I would like to be spending under $1K for this data.

YCharts gives very decent information.  It's a shame they don't package a lot of this information into a single chartview, and instead they seem intent on making you manually construct all of your indicators in a single graph.  It is very cumbersome and time consuming to do this, particularly for the number of issues I follow.

I also wish they would stack each indicator with a separate graph above the prior indicator, with a common timeline.    Trying to overload a single graph space with six indicators gets way too busy.

Still, for the money it is a good find, thanks.

Capiq has by quarter high, low, average, and ending ratios.  you can also build your own ratios using their excel plug for specific dates.  for some large caps they have over 20 years of data.  They have also added forward-looking multiples in recent years.

Capital IQ is about $20K per year?  I would like to be spending under $1K for this data.

I get through my employer (luckily).  unsure on price, though I would be surprised if we're paying that much.  I did thought that they pay somewhere in the $1-3k range at the margin for incremental users.  Not sure what a subscription is like for a single user. 

Does anyone know of a data vendor who provides 10 years of price-earnings, price-to-book, price-to-tangible-book, and enterprise value ratios for stocks?  Ideally I want to have the high *and* low valuations using those metrics for each of the 10 years, to see how a stock prices out over a full cycle.

Could try Gurufocus.  I believe they have each of these.

• 4 years later...

persistentone,

You can get 10 year charts of price-earnings, price-to-book, price-to-tangible-book, and enterprise value ratios on Rocket.   

Here's Wal-Mart's 10-year EV/EBITDA chart for example:

http://www.rocketfinancial.com/Charts.aspx?fID=4876&r=3650&t=4

Given all the pessimism in the market over brick-and-mortar retail, surprised to see the valuation multiple on this one near 10-year highs!

If you click on the dropdown box you can access those other valuation charts that you were looking for as well.

Could try Gurufocus.  I believe they have each of these.

Is Gurufocus worth the cost?

You can get most of this through Gurufocus on the Interactive Chart tab. If you're cheap like me you can use the free version, click out of the annoying pop-ups asking you to sign up, and when it restricts access you can open up an Incognito tab and keep using it. Not the most efficient method if you're pulling data for tons of stocks, but I use the above method to occasionally use their charts (which are pretty damn good for being "free") and it's fine.