Hugh Hendry and David Einhorn video at Buttonwood

Evolveus

here is a link to a recent interview with Hugh Hendry with his macro thoughts and then at the 55 minute mark David Einhorn who talks about why he believes fed policy is not and will not work. 

FYI: Last night I watched the video fine and when I went back today it was asking for my email to continue watching.  I'm not a fan of that at all, and I can understand why others are not as well.  Other than that, its a good discussion

http://moneyinstereo.blogspot.com/2012/10/hugh-hendry-and-david-einhorn.html

Funny things about China, some executives just came back from a die cast factory visit and they told us the company built a huge complex for 10 times the previous capacity. They also bought hotels, and other land assets.

I don't know about the company's financials but that sounds to me like speculation on real estate big time. I can't imagine the loss of equity a die cast factory could get if those RE assets go down for a prolonged period.

BeerBaron

FYI: Last night I watched the video fine and when I went back today it was asking for my email to continue watching.  I'm not a fan of that at all, and I can understand why others are not as well.  Other than that, its a good discussion

Well, I just made up one and got in  ;)

Funny things about China, some executives just came back from a die cast factory visit and they told us the company built a huge complex for 10 times the previous capacity. They also bought hotels, and other land assets.

I don't know about the company's financials but that sounds to me like speculation on real estate big time. I can't imagine the loss of equity a die cast factory could get if those RE assets go down for a prolonged period.

BeerBaron

Huge problems in China right now.  But they are rich enough to hide them by keeping things afloat.  It will show up over time.  Cheers!

Well, I just made up one and got in  ;)

Well played, sir!