Québécois!

jeffmori7

Not Quebecois, (Lotusland, high school french). However impressed with some quebec based comapnies such as MTY, Richlieu, Alimentation Couchetard, Power Corp.

First time I hear someone on this forum talk about Richelieu except for me. It' a big chunk of my portfolio since 2008. They always seem to operate better then most companies. Sadly it is rarely cheap...

BeerBaron

Francois Rochon (Giverny) talks about RCH as his major error of omission, even though he knew management and the business quite well.

Oh, and Stella Jones (SJ). In BC we have enviable timber, and many lumber companies, yet this small montreal firm seems to dominate the treated lumber business.

Oh, and Stella Jones (SJ). In BC we have enviable timber, and many lumber companies, yet this small montreal firm seems to dominate the treated lumber business.

Well, SJ was one of my error of omission, I read 10 years of financial statements in 2009 and did not buy around 19$ because I could not determine if I was buying at the high of a cycle and what the moat was. I still don't have any answers on both of those points tough...

BeerBaron

Agree on the Moat with Stella Jones, can't see how the barriers to entry are high, as the business is so simple, however, they seem to be able to drive costs down with acquistions, and remove competitors.

My friend follows them closely, thinks they are a $200 stock.

Richelieu I would love to own slightly cheaper.

Currently have Power and Mty.

I am from Laval myself

Any members form the "disciples de Buffet" board from the old  Webfin?

Salut MarcusWelby, on a deja pris une biere ensemble dans le temps du webfin. Mon nom etait eddyc je crois ou peut etre ecco. Plusieurs ex membre du webfin sont maintenant sur le forum du site de philippe soit l entrepreneur boursiier.

I have sold a few BTMC this spring, do you still have your full position?

Hi ECCO

I Liked these informal meetings we had in Montreal

Regarding BMTC, the earnings seems to be going down, the share price  look like in free fall. i sold about a third of my position.

Wondering what to do next!

I must say, I hate to be a seller

• 2 weeks later...