Look out, Klarman! Watch your back, Dalio!

mhdousa

Guest deepValue

I saw this yesterday; couldn't stop laughing. It would be one thing if these guys had any idea what they were doing, but it seems like they just took an intro to finance course and decided to start a hedge fund.

The hedge fund part is cute, but they appear to be chronic liars which will get them dinged when they start looking for FT jobs on Wall Street.

The hedge fund part is cute, but they appear to be chronic liars which will get them dinged when they start looking for FT jobs on Wall Street.

Are you sure about that?  They may be hired just because they can do that!  ;D

Incidentally, I think people are being a bit too hard on these three.  They are just a couple of college grads who have bought into the hype of running a hedge fund and living the high life...and definitely into their own hype.  How is it any different than an aspiring broker, corporate legal beagle, or even someone aiming to be the next Justin Bieber? 

They will most likely fizzle out and go work for a friend of their father's, but they are probably no worse than many others trying to do the same thing.  They aren't corrupt...just stupid!  I think all of the negative press and notoriety is probably punishment enough for their egos.  Cheers!

• 2 months later...