Daniel Loeb's Third Point 3rd Qtr Letter -> AIG

Third Point's Loeb bets big, and wins, on Greek debt

Hedge fund manager Daniel Loeb built a major position in distressed Greek government bonds in September, according to a monthly report he sent to his investors

In that letter the $9.3 billion hedge fund had told investors "we anticipate Europe's dysfunctional capital markets to continue generating a steady stream of similar eventdriven, attractive ideas for us to incorporate into our portfolio."

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/10/03/hedgefund-thirdpoint-loeb-idUSL1E8L35C020121003?feedType=RSS&feedName=rbssEnergyNews&rpc=43

berkshiremystery,

thank you for posting! We had already talked about Third Point’s investment in AIG, do you remember?

It has been a few days since your last post… where have you been?! Don’t leave us without your thoughtful ideas! ;)

giofranchi

I remember,... but that was almost some 3 weeks ago...

http://www.cornerofberkshireandfairfax.ca/forum/general-discussion/third-point-offshore-investors-ltd/msg85022/

Now Daniel Loeb's new letter as of October 3rd has some interesting new write-up about AIG.

Coming to your second question, where I have been,...

well, that I wonder myself,... sometimes life keeps me occupied, that I wonder a few days thereafter how fast time flies,... and you say,... only a few days. Well, a least I make all my investments the way that they could run on autopilot and I could take some midday nap like Mohnish does. I wouldn't like the hassle to look at the ticker tape each hour. In the past few days,... I was occupied with an overload of other work. But thanks, for your nice worries,... I'm surprised that I'm so much needed here.