Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking - Susan Cain

alwaysinvert

[amazonsearch]Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking[/amazonsearch]

Great book that I recommend to everybody on this board.

Among other things it elaborates on how schools and workplaces are very ill-suited to introverts these days (not only are open-space offices bad for us freaks, it actually decreases productivity in total!), why introspective leadership styles can be superior and how introversion translate into an edge in the markets or as dealmakers. The book certainly helped my glean some personal insights and, as I've said before, this forum should be highly skewed towards introverted personalities and maybe it can make you look at some of your 'deficiencies' as assets or at least mere traits.

If you aren't up for reading the book yet, have a look at the author's TED talk:

Great book that I recommend to everybody on this board.

Among other things it elaborates on how schools and workplaces are very ill-suited to introverts these days (not only are open-space offices bad for us freaks, it actually decreases productivity in total!), why introspective leadership styles can be superior and how introversion translate into an edge in the markets or as dealmakers. The book certainly helped my glean some personal insights and, as I've said before, this forum should be highly skewed towards introverted personalities and maybe it can make you look at some of your 'deficiencies' as assets or at least mere traits.

If you aren't up for reading the book yet, have a look at the author's TED talk:

Very interesting.  I didn't know of this book, but knew Susan many years ago.  From what I remember, it doesn't surprise me that she would write a great book.  She was very smart and not that it matters from the standpoint of the book, very nice as well.  Glad to see her doing well.

• 6 months later...

I'm surprised this isn't more popular on here. I just finished it and it was really good. I enjoyed the parts about Buffett and how she compares and contrasts the old culture of character of 100 years ago vs the culture of personality today. Here's a TED speech from the author: