Looking for a September 5, 1985, Wall Street Journal piece on Chanos

claphands22

Looking for a September 5, 1985, Wall Street Journal piece on Chanos.

When Chanos recommended shorting a Drexel-financed company called Integrated Resources, his bosses at Deutsche Bank balked: The company pressured the bank’s top executives to bury his research. Chanos was furious. According to his boss at the time, Jim Levitas, Geraldo Rivera, who’d heard about the situation, wanted to do a story. “Jim likes publicity. He was interested in getting it aired,” Levitas told me. “I had to tell Jim, ‘No, we can’t do that.’ ”

Then, on September 5, 1985, The Wall Street Journal named Chanos prominently in a damaging front-page piece that accused short-sellers of slimy tactics like spreading rumors and even impersonating a Journal reporter to get access to insider information. His bosses at Deutsche Bank hated the attention, and Chanos soon found himself out of a job.

http://nymag.com/print/?/news/business/52754/index2.html

Unfortunately I am not in the states right now and don't have access to a library who can help me retrieve this, also the online versions don't go back this far. If anyone has a hold of this article I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

haha,  :o. I swear I did google this but didn't find anything. The google is not strong with me.

Thanks for helping me out!