best stock screeners

ragnarisapirate

I like Stockscreen123 because it allows you to make your own rules using data straight off of financial statements.  It is the only screener I've seen that allows you to build a net-net screen. But it doesn't have many overseas stocks in the database.  I use the financial times screener for those.

Finviz is OK for a free screener. I found lots of inconsistencies in the data when you use it for anything other than simple p/e or p/b screens.  If the data is incorrect, the screener cannot be that reliable. Well, you get what you pay for in this case ( finviz being free).

Among paid screening tools, I found the AAII screener pretty good, although you have to download the data every week ( I am not sure if that is still the case). Screener.co screener is the best I have found amongst the paid screeners and the data is pretty consistent.

Guest deepValue

Cap IQ is definitely worth the cost. FactSet is just as good for creating screens, but not as good for quickly looking through a list of companies/screen results.