Dr. Burry Letters

AZ_Value

Thanks for the link. You might also want to check out Plan Maestro's site for posts about Burry's posts on Silicon Investor. You can see his maturation process leading up to the Nasdaq crash.

Thanks. I'll check out Plan's blog.

I actually retraced Burry's posts a while back thanks to Tariq's blog:

http://streetcapitalist.com/2010/03/24/learning-from-michael-burry/

I then spent some time and went over every single one of his posts on Silicon Investor, took me a few days.

In case you're wondering, yeah, I'm a big Mike Burry fan.  :)

Just saw this on AAOI's blog, so, many thanks to him for posting this.

Scion Capital letters: Q3 2006 and Q1 2008.

3 words to describe the 2008 letter: So Effing Good!!!

I so wish Mike Burry would come out of retirement and start a fund again.

http://www.aboveaverageodds.com/2012/09/27/scion-capital-letters-to-partners-q3-06-q1-08/

Thanks AZ. Count me in the the Burry fan boy club. 08 letter was genius and prophetic, even better than what I imagined. 

Thanks for the link. You might also want to check out Plan Maestro's site for posts about Burry's posts on Silicon Investor. You can see his maturation process leading up to the Nasdaq crash.

Thanks. I'll check out Plan's blog.

I actually retraced Burry's posts a while back thanks to Tariq's blog:

http://streetcapitalist.com/2010/03/24/learning-from-michael-burry/

I then spent some time and went over every single one of his posts on Silicon Investor, took me a few days.

In case you're wondering, yeah, I'm a big Mike Burry fan.  :)

Ah, sorry, it was probably Tariq Ali's blog that covered Burry's letters.

I don't think that was me ...just a never posted draft  and tweets. Maybe Tariq's Street Capitalist.

Guest hellsten

Thank you!

Do I foresee yet another black swan? Damn birds cloud my skies.

- Scion Capital 2007 Letter to Investors

At the end of the day, it will often be those with very little conventional training – those with an unconventional view – that will see the real risk clear as day. Maybe some of us have a divining rod gene. Maybe some of us just put in a bit more work - on the premise that nothing obviates risk like informed common sense.

wow.

"Again, nothing that got the markets here today is bound to be short-lived. If history is any guide, market participants will not only yearn for the briefest of recessions, the most rapid of reversals in stocks, and the quickest end to the suffocating commodities inflation, but they will also trade accordingly. Furious rallies and subsequent reversals within the overriding trends are to be expected."