Fairfax renews its Normal Course Issuer Bid

Alekbaylee

Fairfax has purchased 70,116 of its subordinate voting shares during the last twelve months at a weighted average price per share of Cdn. $401.20.

I'm glad they did and hopefully they're taking advantage of the depressed share price.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/intention-to-make-a-normal-course-issuer-bid-2012-09-24-81733122

Well,... they file such a report each year around this time,... so it's nothing unusual. It seems they also have a Buffett like hurdle "at prices no higher than a 10% premium over the then-current book value of the shares." We might see them this year probably buying some more share back at current prices.

Fairfax has purchased 70,116 of its subordinate voting shares during the last twelve months at a weighted average price per share of Cdn. $401.20.

I'm glad they did and hopefully they're taking advantage of the depressed share price.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/intention-to-make-a-normal-course-issuer-bid-2012-09-24-81733122

Well,... they file such a report each year around this time,... so it's nothing unusual. It seems they also have a Buffett like hurdle "at prices no higher than a 10% premium over the then-current book value of the shares." We might see them this year probably buying some more share back at current prices.

If so, my firm's stake in FFH is already increasing... I would have waited for another 10% decline in share price, but it doesn't matter! I am perfectly fine with that! I have just finished reading Mr. Watsa's interview on the first issue of the FAIRFAX Newsletter (winter 2011), and once again I was reminded of how clear, resilient, yet very simple the FFH's business model really is. And how the opportunities for growth in China, India, and the Middle East hold significant promise for FFH in the future.

Great interview!

giofranchi

I have just finished reading Mr. Watsa's interview on the first issue of the FAIRFAX Newsletter (winter 2011), and once again I was reminded of how clear, resilient, yet very simple the FFH's business model really is. And how the opportunities for growth in China, India, and the Middle East hold significant promise for FFH in the future.

Great interview!

giofranchi

Gio, do you have a link to that interview? I would love to read it as well.

I have just finished reading Mr. Watsa's interview on the first issue of the FAIRFAX Newsletter (winter 2011), and once again I was reminded of how clear, resilient, yet very simple the FFH's business model really is. And how the opportunities for growth in China, India, and the Middle East hold significant promise for FFH in the future.

Great interview!

giofranchi

Gio, do you have a link to that interview? I would love to read it as well.

It was posted by berkshiremystery and Morgan last February. You can find it in attachment.

giofranchi

FairfaxNewsletter7_12-20-11.pdf