Jan 2015 option series

valueinvesting101

Looks like Jan 2015 series has started trading for some companies such as Apple, WFC but not for other such as BAC, JPM, BRK.

Is there any calendar listing when these option start trading for different companies?

I remember some people were/are waiting for this series to open.

Here is what I found

The following schedule will be used to list the 2015 Equity & ETF LEAPS:

Monday, September 17, 2012: 2015 LEAPS begin trading for January cycle option classes.

(for example, IBM is in the JAN, APR, JUL, OCT Cycle)

Monday, October 15, 2012: 2015 LEAPS begin trading for February cycle option classes.

(Home Depot - HD is one of the stocks in the FEB, MAY, AUG, NOV Cycle)

Monday, November 12, 2012: 2015 LEAPS begin trading for March cycle option classes.

(Wal-Mart - WMT is in the MAR, JUN, SEP, DEC Cycle)

The week before the new LEAPS are added (e.g. the week of Sep 10 for the Sep 17 LEAPS listings), an Information Circular at cboe.com will list strike prices for LEAPS added Sep 17th.

If you look at the listed options you will be able to discern which cycle the stock is on.

I think I worked out the banks on the prior post about this.

Sure you did  ;)

http://www.cornerofberkshireandfairfax.ca/forum/general-discussion/jan-2015-options-for-big-banks-happens-when/msg83480/#msg83480

-----

Looks like Jan 2014 series started trading around 10/17/2011. That was third Monday of October.

-----

I have attached the LEAPS list here. Alternatively, you can download the LEAPs list from this page

http://www.theocc.com/market-data/series/leaps.jsp

Look for the company you want to find the Jan 2015 LEAPs for and check the number corresponding to it under the 'Cycle' column

Based on that number the Jan 2015 LEAPS will be listed as follows

Cycle 1:    Monday, September 17, 2012

Cycle 2:    Monday, October 15, 2012

Cycle 3:    Monday, November 12, 2012

Hope this helps

-----

Aig, Bac, and Jpm January leaps came out in cycle 2 - mid October last year.  FYI

-----

• 4 weeks later...