Model Thinking Course

netnet

• 5 months later...

Just a reminder that the Dan Ariely course starts in 2 weeks.

https://www.coursera.org/course/behavioralecon

Also model thinking is being offered again but it seems the recognition for it isn't being renewed.  In an email from coursera I was alerted to the course being offered again last Monday.

When I look at the timeline for quizzes and exams it's from last year. So they seem to offer the course for us general interest people, but no credit.  Which is fine by me.

A new feature of Coursera is the signiture tracker. 

Over the past few months, we’ve been working to expand opportunities for students who complete Coursera courses. From working with ACE on credit equivalency to launching Career Services, we aim to help students apply their learning in meaningful ways.

Today, we’re excited to announce Signature Track, a new option that will give students in select classes the opportunity to earn a Verified Certificate for completing their Coursera course. Signature Track securely links your coursework to your identity, allowing you to confidently show the world what you’ve achieved on Coursera.

I think the cost is about $39 and you need a valid piece of government issued I.D.  Drivers license, international student card, passport etc.

I'm assuming that's so you can show a little skin and the instuctor will let a late quiz pass.  :P

Nah, part of the I.D. process is your face and also your typing and language patterns.  (I find that interesting they can associate a person with typing, very Law and Order of them  ;D )

• 2 weeks later...

Coursera (https://class.coursera.org/modelthinking-2012-002/class/index) is offering their Model Thinking course again.

I enjoyed it when I took it last winter.

Netnet - I had registered last winter as well.  Didn't get a chance to go through - am doing it now.

A synthesis of Dawkins' writings and cellular automata rule throws up interesting explanations for me.

Netnet - I had registered last winter as well.  Didn't get a chance to go through - am doing it now.

A synthesis of Dawkins' writings and cellular automata rule throws up interesting explanations for me.

Likewise, I took my time with it.

Coursera (https://class.coursera.org/modelthinking-2012-002/class/index) is offering their Model Thinking course again.

I enjoyed it when I took it last winter.

I started it over the winter but got distracted by work and family around Thanksgiving and Christmas. Taking it again. I liked what portions of the class I took last time around.