Anonymous average annual return in the last decade poll

Arden
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Great Idea with this.  Speaking as someone who does not have a 10 year track record, I think you should ask people not to vote if you don't have 10 years.  If you havea concentrated portfolio your probably pretty likely to deviate from a benchmark quite a bit so there is no real practical way of annualizing a 3-4 year into a 10 year... especially with a phenominal bull rally underway...

Am I the only one that finds it comical that all these threads (average annual return, YTD return) pop-up when there has been a big run-up? Where were these threads towards the end of 2011?  ::)

You mean the one that we did have last year (October I think) where I posted -25% and UCCMAL posted -35%.

Oh yeah, that thread  ;)

Am I the only one that finds it comical that all these threads (average annual return, YTD return) pop-up when there has been a big run-up? Where were these threads towards the end of 2011?  ::)

You mean the one that we did have last year (October I think) where I posted -25% and UCCMAL posted -35%.

Oh yeah, that thread  ;)

You're probably right, I generally ignore those threads but lately it feels like an online penis measuring contest is about to break out.

Now that we have some results, I wonder if they're representative of value investing, since people with better results are probably more likely to post them.

Nonetheless, the fact that the poll is anonymous and I believe in the honesty of the guys (And, according to another recent poll- girls) here, I think there may just be something to this thing called "value investing. Maybe :)