Icahn Letters?

This isn't what you want, but might help anyway.

There's a pretty good book called King Icahn, which races his career and situations he's been involved in. It ends shortly after the TWA debacle. Pretty good book to get an idea about how he works. It's out of print now, so might have to check your library.

i'm curious: what's you're interest in carl icahn? do you consider him to be someone whose investing style you'd like to emulate? his thinking someone's you'd like to study? also, do you consider him to be an exemplary example of an activist investor?

to me he just looks like a reconstituted LBO, corporate raider type who i woulnt touch with a 10 ft stick. but i'd also be interested to read any of his letters to investors.

i'm curious: what's you're interest in carl icahn? do you consider him to be someone whose investing style you'd like to emulate? his thinking someone's you'd like to study? also, do you consider him to be an exemplary example of an activist investor?

to me he just looks like a reconstituted LBO, corporate raider type who i woulnt touch with a 10 ft stick. but i'd also be interested to read any of his letters to investors.

I have watched what he has done in various situations and his strategy strikes me as interesting, to say the least. To me, he seems to be the ultimate contrarian. Often, it seems that he compares companies sales/earnings/assets to others, which while I don't go by that to value companies; he does seem to have a decent record. With that said, I have been scared to death to touch any of the bio techs that he has been targeting as of late.

Yes, I do generally appreciate his shareholder activism- but that doesn't say much, because if there is a dissenting faction of shareholders, I am almost always sympathetic to their cause from the get go...

This isn't what you want, but might help anyway.

There's a pretty good book called King Icahn, which races his career and situations he's been involved in. It ends shortly after the TWA debacle. Pretty good book to get an idea about how he works. It's out of print now, so might have to check your library.

I read mixed reviews of it on Amazon; what was your take on the data mining parts of it (as far as quantitative things)?