U.S. Banks Told To Make Plans For Preventing Collapse

Parsad

U.S. government expects five major banks to provide resolution plans, on top of "living wills", to resolve any future financial crisis they may face, as they will not receive any support from the government.  Some comments on BAC as well.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/exclusive-u-banks-told-plans-040356130.html;_ylt=AkUCDNGj5dI_BfTIlTABeMuiuYdG;_ylu=X3oDMTQzZTBkNzMxBG1pdANGaW5hbmNlIEZQIEp1bWJvdHJvbiBMaXRlBHBrZwM0OTEyNmVlYi0zNTBhLTNmMDQtYTQyMC0yYjc2ODAwNjk3MDcEcG9zAzEEc2VjA2p1bWJvdHJvbgR2ZXIDYjQ2NzI5OTAtZTJhMC0xMWUxLWJmOTUtOWFjMzExYThmNTU5;_ylg=X3oDMTFpNzk0NjhtBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRwc3RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdANob21lBHB0A3NlY3Rpb25z;_ylv=3

For those investors avoiding U.S. financials, they are making a terrible mistake.  These banks will be some of the best capitalized and prepared banks in the world in the last 30 years.  Cheers!

To be fair, I think if an investor (after research) is still uncomfortable or uneasy with the banks, they shouldn't invest. The odds are that if times get tougher, they'll be the first to panic sell.

That said, I never panic sell. I own $BAC and $JPM TARP warrants up the wazoo!