Rethinking the Spreadsheet

Guest valueInv

Interesting, but not particularly functional.  None of those things would be useful for what I use spreadsheets for...putting together budgets, accounting statements, etc.  The data in the video actually looks cluttered and not particuarly useful the way it was laid out.  Cheers!

Guest valueInv

Interesting, but not particularly functional.  None of those things would be useful for what I use spreadsheets for...putting together budgets, accounting statements, etc.  The data in the video actually looks cluttered and not particuarly useful the way it was laid out.  Cheers!

The product does not stop you from using it for your current use cases budgets, accounting statements, etc. It adds new functionality to them.

Their video could have been done better, but again, there is nothing in the product that stops you from organizing your spreadsheet.

The power of spreadsheets comes from their versatility. People use them for a million different things. These guys have added to those things, making it that more powerful. It does not subtract from the current functionality of spreadsheets, it adds to them.

The other innovative thing they've done is making it easy to enter day on a tablet or a phone. Does your spreadsheet accept voice input? Try editing a Google spreadsheet on your phone  and you'll see what I mean.

I like the idea of this, but I see the issue as making the interface much, much better for the new functionality.  It is extremely hard to provide new functiaonlity in an intuitive manner.  I don't see this as solving the issues that are being attempted...

man, i miss the day we just call ppl and have ppl call ppl around to arrange a soccer game.

LOL!  I agree.  But at the same time, it is somewhat easier to have everyone reply to one spreadsheet or message, rather than call them all up individually.  Cheers!