Pabrai funds question

mhdousa

In Pabrai's most recent letter, he states that "one CEO in particular is probably the very best we’ve ever had in any business we’ve taken a stake in (excluding Warren and Charlie, of course)."

Looking at his 3/12 portfolio, he's got BAC, C, GS, TEX, POT, ZINC, CSE, PNCL.

Is he referring to Moynihan or someone else?

In Pabrai's most recent letter, he states that "one CEO in particular is probably the very best we’ve ever had in any business we’ve taken a stake in (excluding Warren and Charlie, of course)."

Looking at his 3/12 portfolio, he's got BAC, C, GS, TEX, POT, ZINC, CSE, PNCL.

Is he referring to Moynihan or someone else?

I hope for his sake he doesn't think it's Pandit!!! Awful.

Pabrai's letters aren't available on the Interwebs, are they?

Nope...he does send them out to people who attend his meetings, though. 

Sanj, feel free to pull this if I'm violating any rules by quoting from the letter.

No, Mohnish wouldn't mind at all.  He's constantly telling people how he's a shameless clone of other's ideas.  He's too humble to admit alot of his thoughts are fresh and new in many ways. 

But as I said, he won't mind quotes like that.  I don't think he'd want an entire PDF or something, but a small quote wouldn't bother him at all.  Cheers!

No, Mohnish wouldn't mind at all.  He's constantly telling people how he's a shameless clone of other's ideas.  He's too humble to admit alot of his thoughts are fresh and new in many ways. 

But as I said, he won't mind quotes like that.  I don't think he'd want an entire PDF or something, but a small quote wouldn't bother him at all.  Cheers!

So.....any idea to whom he's referring with the above quote?

oh, I'd love to read his letters.  If I asked him directly, would I have a shot at getting them?

I'm aware that he probably found some great new opportunities to put money into, and therefore sold some others. Selling appreciated positions below intrinsic value to buy even cheaper ones. I just did it myself with one of my favorites. It's sometimes hard, but pure logic succeeds. I believe his results will be far superior in the next years compared with others. I can barely wait to see his new 2nd qtr 13F filings in about 2 weeks.  ;D ... and in today's market the best values are probably in very big caps.

Ups,  disappeared. Anyway, not that he needs them ... but kudos to Mohnish. The old –now new– strategy was always fine.

Sure,... but it took his hard working brain some time to realize it. Now he feels much more comfortable with his old strategy and cash should always be king, as he says.