Blogs anyone?

14value

I was entertaining the idea of starting a blog as a place to centralize my investing information, improve my writing skills and get better feedback on my ideas. 

I notice many of you have your own blogs and wanted to know your thoughts on which service is best,  Wordpress or Google?

Thanks.

Google has the advantage of being free.  That being said, it is awful to do customizations of the template with. 

My understanding is wordpress is much better, but it costs money.  Not too much though.

I use google--after getting through the nightmare of customization (note that mine was heavily customized, down to a lot of CSS and HTML hand editing), it isn't so bad.

Google has the advantage of being free.  That being said, it is awful to do customizations of the template with. 

My understanding is wordpress is much better, but it costs money.  Not too much though.

I use google--after getting through the nightmare of customization (note that mine was heavily customized, down to a lot of CSS and HTML hand editing), it isn't so bad.

What's your blog?

Wordpress.com (as opposed to .org) is the sponsored platform that Wordpress hosts for you, and you can download Wordpress for a domain that you pay to host  from http://wordpress.org/download/ - there are many free themes out there: http://wordpress.org/extend/themes/

In my opinion (which is fairly well informed since I've been developing websites for more than ten years now), it is the best blogging platform around. It is by far the platform that we use most for new projects these days. Keeps getting better. 16% of the web now uses Wordpress. 

Cheers,

Paul