just got a HARP letter from Wells Fargo

racemize

I was not expecting to get one--aren't these refinancings supposed to be for people who aren't making payments or are underwater?

Letterhead and everything looks legit.

Make sure you keep the letter.  You may have to present it later.  With BAC if you lost the letter you wouldnt get the reduction.  Think they made a person present it at some time.

They've refinanced my loan twice (at their expense). Didn't cost me a dime and it was all through the mail. Struck me as a bit odd, but I couldn't see any reason to say no. Is what you were offered specifically HARP, or maybe just a customer retention strategy in the faces of dropping mortgage rates?

They've refinanced my loan twice (at their expense). Didn't cost me a dime and it was all through the mail. Struck me as a bit odd, but I couldn't see any reason to say no. Is what you were offered specifically HARP, or maybe just a customer retention strategy in the faces of dropping mortgage rates?

This one was specifically HARP. Like you, I couldn't say no, but it just seems odd as I need no help at all and there is a limited source of funds available for this. Now, I'm really going to have trouble justifying accelerating payment of my mortgage as it is at 3.75 percent (even lower with tax writeoff).