The Indomitable Investor - Steve Sears

Valuebo

[amazonsearch]The Indomitable Investor[/amazonsearch]

I bought this book based on a review on The Aleph Blog.

Steve Sears isn't the most efficient writer imo. He gibbers about various topics in short intervals without making the whole sufficiently coherent and seems unable to go into any reasonable depth.

Some of 'his' insights, for example on selling discipline (stop-losses are mentioned...), are very hard to read through. Other insights are just too obvious or miss additional comments to be of any value for the seasoned investor (which I most certainly am not!).

Maybe this book is fine for beginners, but I'd recommend other books to them in any case. The mix just isn't working for me.

I bought this book based on a review on The Aleph Blog.

Steve Sears isn't the most efficient writer imo. He gibbers about various topics in short intervals without making the whole sufficiently coherent and seems unable to go into any reasonable depth.

Some of 'his' insights, for example on selling discipline (stop-losses are mentioned...), are very hard to read through. Other insights are just too obvious or miss additional comments to be of any value for the seasoned investor (which I most certainly am not!).

Maybe this book is fine for beginners, but I'd recommend other books to them in any case. The mix just isn't working for me.

Agreed.  The basic premises of the book are fine, but the book itself is truly awful in my opinion.  For anyone interested in the book, just read a few reviews on Amazon or something and you will get the entire gist of the book.  No need to read it.