Thorsten Heins Answers G&M Reader Questions

Parsad

I didn't get passed the first few answers, but the marketing-speak is so heavy.

I can't imagine Steve Jobs saying any of this, or even Larry Page/Sergey Brin.. Maybe Microsoft, though, so I guess RIM would be a good match culture-wise if they buy them  ;)

Thanks for posting that, I haven't followed RIMM much but it appears they're betting the whole company on this new Blackberry 10 that comes out next year.  I also noticed a few readers say they purchased the phone to support Canadian business, I'd love to see a graph showing Blackberry market share broken down by country, sounds like South Africa would be high.

I have trouble understanding how BB10 will be the Saint Graal of OS, I mean what can they do that is so great compared with iOS, Android, BB7 or Windows Mobile? The company is selling BB10 like a game changer but I don't see how it's going to be any but an incremental improvement at this point. I would be happy to hear the answer to the following questions:

-What are consumens searching that Android or iOS does not already offer?

-What are the strategic advantages of BB against it's competition?

-What does BB10 give them the chance to provide that other OS can't?

BeerBaron

Though he sounds kinda like a RIM Brochure here, I can still elicit some trust and respect for Heins. After listening to some of his interviews and parts of his conference calls, something tells me he's a good guy and fairly capable (maybe just the engineer in me empathizes with the fellow engineer haha).

However, more importantly, my belief is that if Mr. Watsa was willing to pay more than $40 for RIM shares and keep buying up until earlier this year; I'm more than glad to pay just 8 bucks per share for the same company.

As Mohnish Pabrai says in his interview with Steve Forbes, why work hard when some of the smartest men in the world (Mr. Buffett, Mr. Watsa, etc.) have done the grunt work and you can just as easily ride their coattails.  :D