Corner of Berkshire & Fairfax Premium Service

Parsad

With all this discussion of premium services or paid subscriptions, I have decided to add my own such service! 

Beginning July 4th, I will start a premium service for $10 a month where I will list one monthly burger restaurant recommendation...no not as an investment, but which one produces the best tasting burger!  Each month, I will cover another restaurant in a different state or province.  I will not be travelling to the locations on most occasions, but just getting them to Fedex me a burger wrapped in aluminum foil.  I expect this to be the best paid subscription burger recommendation service on the internet. 

After the first six months, the fee will increase to $128.88 per month...I like the Feng-Shui around that number and expect alot of my future subscribers will be from booming Mainland China, who will pay up for the stupidest things right now just to get their money out of China!  For my compatriots in India who do not eat beef, and for my vegan friends who do not eat meat (Dave that would be you, as I only have one vegan friend), the subscription fee will be $12.50 monthly if you are going to make me eat chicken and tofu burgers simply to serve your needs. 

After a year, I will start the super-deluxe monthly paid subcription which includes a stock pick and burger recommendation.  A la the Motley Fool premium service, I will charge you a fortune and give you nothing but anecdotes and a screen of five ideas based on statistical ratios that you could have done yourself on Yahoo Finance.  The burger recommendation comes free with this service as I would have jacked up the monthly fee to $499.99. 

So, I look forward to all of you long-time members signing up right away...Uccmal, Ericopoly, Cardboard et al...this price is only good for six months and then after that everything is fair game!  Cheers!

PS.  If you haven't realized it already, because the markets closed early today I have little to do, and thought I would blow a little time on how I feel about "paid subscriptions" in this expansive, albeit lazy, attempt at sarcasm!   

With all this discussion of premium services or paid subscriptions, I have decided to add my own such service! 

Beginning July 4th, I will start a premium service for $10 a month where I will list one monthly burger restaurant recommendation...no not as an investment, but which one produces the best tasting burger!  Each month, I will cover another restaurant in a different state or province.  I will not be travelling to the locations on most occasions, but just getting them to Fedex me a burger wrapped in aluminum foil.  I expect this to be the best paid subscription burger recommendation service on the internet. 

After the first six months, the fee will increase to $128.88 per month...I like the Feng-Shui around that number and expect alot of my future subscribers will be from booming Mainland China, who will pay up for the stupidest things right now just to get their money out of China!  For my compatriots in India who do not eat beef, and for my vegan friends who do not eat meat (Dave that would be you, as I only have one vegan friend), the subscription fee will be $12.50 monthly if you are going to make me eat chicken and tofu burgers simply to serve your needs. 

After a year, I will start the super-deluxe monthly paid subcription which includes a stock pick and burger recommendation.  A la the Motley Fool premium service, I will charge you a fortune and give you nothing but anecdotes and a screen of five ideas based on statistical ratios that you could have done yourself on Yahoo Finance.  The burger recommendation comes free with this service as I would have jacked up the monthly fee to $499.99. 

So, I look forward to all of you long-time members signing up right away...Uccmal, Ericopoly, Cardboard et al...this price is only good for six months and then after that everything is fair game!  Cheers!

PS.  If you haven't realized it already, because the markets closed early today I have little to do, and thought I would blow a little time on how I feel about "paid subscriptions" in this expansive, albeit lazy, attempt at sarcasm! 

I checked my calendar to see whether this is April 1st or not. But burger joint recommendation probably will be worth it.  In fact, information about when you will be going out for lunch will be highly valuable, based on my little experience.  ;D

I will Fedex you a burger that I make myself and you won't want to eat a burger anywhere else.You will just keep reviewing my burger every month.It will be like the new Playboy for married men.The centerfold is the same every month.Cheers

I checked my calendar to see whether this is April 1st or not. But burger joint recommendation probably will be worth it.  In fact, information about when you will be going out for lunch will be highly valuable, based on my little experience.  ;D

I expect to receive delivery and chow down on the burgers on days where Fairfax stock has been stagnant...pretty much the last year!  ;D  I believe Prem also needs my help, and my extraordinary abilities to move stock market prices by my eating habits is a gift from God...or maybe Anthony Bourdain...not sure! 

On that note, I remember when you guys first started posting that whole lunch thing and FFH price on the old MSN Board.  Even JoAnn Butler, Prem's assistant, used to email me on days where the stock moved up dramatically and ask me "Are you eating lunch?".  Cheers!

I will Fedex you a burger that I make myself and you won't want to eat a burger anywhere else.You will just keep reviewing my burger every month.It will be like the new Playboy for married men.The centerfold is the same every month.Cheers

That's why I'm not married!  I can't eat the same thing every day.  ;D  Cheers!

If I review a burger and post the review can I join the board for free.  And, do I have to post a new review every year to maintain my membership. 

My review of McDonalds burgers: Big Mac: Tuesday July 3rd: tester: Uccmal

Preliminary Review: Ate burger at 12:15 pm.  The burger arrived in a styrofoam box, with a big M on the side.  Upon opening the box I found what I believe to be the burger inside.  It kind of resembled the box.  It was cold and slightly soggy in texture with cream coloured goop draining from the side.  I picked up the entity with my left hand and proceeded to take a bite.  The flavour was reminiscent of Dow Chemical Styrofoam Mix # 33.  I ate the burger to further assess it. 

Subsequent Review: 4 pm.  Experiencing some nausea.  Also finding myself to be very thirsty.

Final review: 6 pm.  Nausea nearly passed.  Not hungry at all.  The burger has lived up to my expectations of satiating my hunger, probably for days.

Am I in? 

Next year I will review the Wendy's double burger, the preferred burger of Nancy The Salt Monster, and salt monsters everywhere. 

If I review a burger and post the review can I join the board for free.  And, do I have to post a new review every year to maintain my membership.

Al, do you really think everyone has the talent for this?  If everyone could do this, would it not have been done already?  It takes a visionary to do this.

I just thought for a moment that Sanjeev has mixed up July 4th with April fools day,... LOL

No just my birthday tomorrow and I was wondering what my eventual legacy will be?  Corner Market Capital...no!  This board and all the friends I made here...hell no!  It's a premium, subscription-based, monthly burger review service.  That's what the world needs!  Cheers and Happy 4th to all my U.S. boardmembers!

I would like to join the board of directors also for the burger paid subscription service, but do you have liability insurance for officers and directors?  I am worried about potential food poisoning issues if the burgers are being delivered by surface transport.

Thanks for allowing us to participate.

I am boxing up an East Coast hamburger purchased at Burger King. Am sending it postage collect, hope you don’t mind.

Since it is so small (6" x 6" X 4") you get a good price from Canada Post as taken from their website:

Base Price                            $32.99

Collection on Delivery            $7.25

Fuel Surcharge                        $4.37

Tax                                          $5.35

Total                                      $49.96

That is for two day delivery.

But for about four times that amount, on a seat sale, I can fly out and hand it to your personally. Please send tickets

This sounds like a great opportunity.

I would be interested in applying for a position as a Preliminary Research Analyst (in the Vegetarian Product Offerings Division).... You might be pleased to know that I have had experience with Edible Product Consumption since birth.

I also specialize in Vegetable Derived Condiments' Pairings with said "Burgers".  ;D

I would like to join the board of directors also for the burger paid subscription service, but do you have liability insurance for officers and directors?  I am worried about potential food poisoning issues if the burgers are being delivered by surface transport.

No insurance, but those risks come with the job.

Thanks for allowing us to participate.

I am boxing up an East Coast hamburger purchased at Burger King. Am sending it postage collect, hope you dont mind.

Since it is so small (6" x 6" X 4") you get a good price from Canada Post as taken from their website:

Base Price                            $32.99

Collection on Delivery            $7.25

Fuel Surcharge                        $4.37

Tax                                          $5.35

Total                                      $49.96

That is for two day delivery.

But for about four times that amount, on a seat sale, I can fly out and hand it to your personally. Please send tickets

That's why the premium service fees are so high...customs and tax!

I also specialize in Vegetable Derived Condiments' Pairings with said "Burgers".

Unfortunately, under the McDonalds-Franks Act, we are no longer allowed to advise on Vegetable Derived Condiments.  You know, we fall under the "Too Big to Flail" category, and there is tremendous risk that after too many of such condiments, we won't be able to fit on tread mills anymore...high carbs and all that!  Cheers!

I also specialize in Vegetable Derived Condiments' Pairings with said "Burgers".

Unfortunately, under the McDonalds-Franks Act, we are no longer allowed to advise on Vegetable Derived Condiments.  You know, we fall under the "Too Big to Flail" category, and there is tremendous risk that after too many of such condiments, we won't be able to fit on tread mills anymore...high carbs and all that!  Cheers!

Ahaha, "Too big to Flail"... I believe that act also covers the Cholesterolized Dietry Obligations (CDOs).

Ahaha, "Too big to Flail"... I believe that act also covers the Cholesterolized Dietry Obligations (CDOs).

That's a good one too!  I'm pretty sure any minute now, a bunch of boardmembers are going to personal message me and tell me that this joke has run its course.  Cheers!