Hillary Clinton - "Amen to that" Get your (US) economic house in order

MrB

So broke that we can borrow for 30 years at less than 3%  8)

I'll go a step further and suggest that the Federal Government should implement a massive infrastructure project.....go out and borrow $1 trillion from those crazy bond vigiliantes at 3% then turn around and rebuild our crumbling infrastructure. We could probably take half of the current unemployed population and put them to work via such a program.

I'll go a step further and suggest that the Federal Government should implement a massive infrastructure project.....go out and borrow $1 trillion from those crazy bond vigiliantes at 3% then turn around and rebuild our crumbling infrastructure. We could probably take half of the current unemployed population and put them to work via such a program.

While I think it would be wiser to build infrastructure projects when times are bad since costs would be lower for both material and labor, I think your estimation of the beneficial impact on the unemployed is way too optimistic.  Most of the unemployed have no construction experience. 

While I think it would be wiser to build infrastructure projects when times are bad since costs would be lower for both material and labor, I think your estimation of the beneficial impact on the unemployed is way too optimistic.  Most of the unemployed have no construction experience.

WPA/PWA/CCC anyone? New Deal 2.0

Hilary Clinton is a complete lightweight and has no business being Secretary of anything.  She was a nothing Senator from NY, she was a nothing lawyer from Arkansas, and she was a disruptive First Lady whose biggest accomplishment was the healthcare boondoggle. She should retire in 2013 and go home wherever that is.