FFH Investment Portfolio Update

Viking

Yes, I know that we should not be monitoring this thing day to day... however, it is relevant to review once in a while. I input the shares and prices provided by FFH in their most recent 13F into an excel spreadsheet (and also into a google finance portfolio) which is attached below.

The total value of the equities at March 31 was $2,685 million.

The total value of the equities at April 24 was $3,142 = +$456 = +17%

- with Q1 earnings release, this was the date that FFH communicated total gains = $900 million or $30/share (after tax and minority interest). ORH simply stated gains to April 24 were 'substantial'.

The total value of the equities at June 11 (12:30 PST) was $3,602 = +$917 = +34%

- the gain in US equities has now doubled from April 24

All this says is at current stock prices, FFH (and ORH) are sitting on very large gains and book value is much higher from that reported March 31. Positive development.

I've been using your spreadsheet in a Yahoo Finance portfolio since you posted it Viking. Today was a $100M day and at one point in the day it was up over $130M. $50M in Level 3 alone.

Yes we don't make our decisions on day to day changes in the portfolio, but monitoring the value and identifying a positive development is no different in my mind then monitoring storms in hurricane season as a potential negative development. I do that too...

... however, it is relevant to review once in a while. I input the shares and prices provided by FFH in their most recent 13F into an excel spreadsheet (and also into a google finance portfolio) which is attached below.

very relevant, thanks very much!!

that's why I bought moretoday, even buying 2k for my new grandaughters RESP

One chap told me he bought brk 25 years ago, putting in a few thousand. Paid for the child's university

The magic of compound interest