PBS: America Revealed

txlaw

I highly recommend this series, which explores the various networks and systems that make the US economy work:

http://www.pbs.org/america-revealed/

All the episodes I've seen so far are great, and it's worth watching even if you're not American.

In Episode 3, at 12:47, they show BNSF in the Powder River Basin.  Amazing.

And in Episode 4, at the beginning of the episode, they explain that the largest number of containers exported out of the US contain rolls and rolls of paper.  Pretty interesting, and could explain why the low value added commodity is on HWIC's radar.  If exports continue to increase, it might be nice to own the lost provider of paper.

PlanMaestro, I watched all 4 episodes with my daughter on our Google TV system in the theatre room and just wanted to thank you it was a phenomenal piece, and really feeds into how we view the world, a great learning tool for young ones.

On another note I also want to say that I have been enjoying your posts more and more. You are a very intelligent poster.

Just watched the first two episodes with Mrs and we both loved it. That does not happen too often. Thanks!

Your welcome, Plan. 

This stuff was too good not to post about, and I know a lot of the folks on the board will appreciate it.

This stuff was too good not to post about, and I know a lot of the folks on the board will appreciate it.

Finished it today, truly amazing. The examples are so good that I will have to watch it again. But now I have a problem ... Mrs wants more hehehe.

Any more suggestions Txlaw?

Finished it today, truly amazing. The examples are so good that I will have to watch it again. But now I have a problem ... Mrs wants more hehehe.

Any more suggestions Txlaw?

Nothing that comes to mind, but I will post if there's anything else worthy to put up here.