Spain To Go To Markets To Fund Regions & Banks

Parsad

Yields are skyrocketing, particularly the 2y, and Spain's economy is literally collapsing (-9% YOY growth in retail sales?). Why is the market not collapsing? What's it going to take?

Which markets are you referring to?  European or U.S.?  I think money is flowing to the U.S., including U.S. equities and debt, so they are doing a bit better than their European and Asian counterparts.  Cheers!

Yields are skyrocketing, particularly the 2y, and Spain's economy is literally collapsing (-9% YOY growth in retail sales?). Why is the market not collapsing? What's it going to take?

Which markets are you referring to?  European or U.S.?  I think money is flowing to the U.S., including U.S. equities and debt, so they are doing a bit better than their European and Asian counterparts.  Cheers!

US market. Just interesting it's holding up the way it has given the macro backdrop is arguably worse than it was last year during the big decline.

US market. Just interesting it's holding up the way it has given the macro backdrop is arguably worse than it was last year during the big decline.

There will be some correction here, but I think the world is coming to realize that the U.S. is in far better shape than virtually anywhere else...both economically and structurally.  They have problems, but they have the capacity and the framework to deal with them.  Europe on the other hand will only deal with their problems once the shit hits the fan...it may get messy!  Cheers!