Mark Sellers' Article (life story)

valuebull

This article briefly describes Mark Sellers' whole life story so far: dabbling in music, discovering Buffett, then getting a business degree, writing an investing newsletter for Morningstar while getting an MBA, managing his own hedge fund, winning a proxy fight against Premier Exhibitions, and developing bars/restaurants in the Grand Rapids, Michigan area.

http://www.freep.com/article/20120521/COL06/205210376/1002/rss02

I have always been his fan since I read his newsletters at Morningstar, and he has certainly had an interesting ride!

I enjoyed reading Seller's Harvard presentation, but didn't he ignore the most important trait when he liquidated his partners stocks and returned the money in late 2008?

"And finally the most important, and rarest, trait of all: The ability to live through volatility without changing your investment thought process. This is almost impossible for most people to do; when the chips are down they have a terrible time not selling their stocks at a loss."

I enjoyed reading Seller's Harvard presentation, but didn't he ignore the most important trait when he liquidated his partners stocks and returned the money in late 2008?

"And finally the most important, and rarest, trait of all: The ability to live through volatility without changing your investment thought process. This is almost impossible for most people to do; when the chips are down they have a terrible time not selling their stocks at a loss."

Yup, he did!  Cheers!