Pabrai's latest moves

maxthetrade

Yeah, I've got to ask Mohnish about this the next time I see him.  I think he realized that the smaller position sizes just weren't going to cut it.  If he's gone back to the old model, I'm happy to see it, because I think a little more concentrated is better.  More volatile, but he's going to get the outsized returns long-term. 

Although you are wrong about the 60%.  It's more concentrated than before, but that total excludes his holdings in Fairfax, the Japanese basket of net-nets, and all of his cash.  He's got over $550M in assets, so it's more like close to 40% actually.  Cheers!

Although you are wrong about the 60%.  It's more concentrated than before, but that total excludes his holdings in Fairfax, the Japanese basket of net-nets, and all of his cash.  He's got over $550M in assets, so it's more like close to 40% actually.  Cheers!

That's why I said US stock portfolio  ;)

That's why I said US stock portfolio  ;)

Ah, sorry Max!  Cheers!

I noticed that as well. I couldn't find the filing on the SEC site, so I wonder where they are getting the data from.

http://www.sec.gov/cgi-bin/browse-edgar?action=getcompany&CIK=0001173334

I understand now. They are pulling the data from the Dalal Street filing. I guess he's now filing through that name.

http://www.sec.gov/cgi-bin/browse-edgar?action=getcompany&CIK=0001549575&owner=exclude&count=40

Looking at the percentages, we could say he swap WFC for BAC, swap BRK for C and all his little positions for GS.

WFC and BRK were like keeping cash of quality for a while, but were sold to buy more undervalued equities...impressive! Personnally, I sometimes prefer to hold on quiet stocks, but I can understand those moves.